Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On’s Do Not Work

JBird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do NOT purchase PM Add Ons they do not work and you can’t get a refund 

15 REPLIES 15

@JBird 

Thanks! Hit the beach and enjoy your vacation! Surf's up!

P.S. Turn off email notifications in your profile and that will stop us from bothering you....just turn it back on when you want help or to be notified of private messages from moderators for example.

JBird

Good Day Darlicious et all..

No, neither of the two situations you mentioned transpired but because you asked and it would be rude not to respond, I will spend the time to explain because if I am vague it only wets peoples curiosity and what occurred is not really that interesting;

Bought a us roaming talk/text/data add on and the text’s stopped working after 2 or 3 days, so PM Moderator gave me a refund for this service. Bought a 1 gig domestic add on when I should have purchased a us roaming data gig and PM kindly refunded that as well. 
Hope we all can stop communicating now, as I have taken the time to respond with intimate details and everyone now knows everything I know and most probably don’t really care - Off to the beach now if you don’t mind, thanks for your interest  - Aloha 🏝!

@JBird 

Two guesses....did the moderators have to reset your account? And readd the the roaming add on?

or Did you have two roaming add ons both with talk included?

JBird

Situation resolved by myself with a little help from PM Team giving me a refund for one of the service add one that didn’t work. The response information as to what transpired would take me over an hour to explain to the PM Community and I am a lucky fish on vacation - Sorry Community, but appreciate your willingness to assist 🙂 Aloha!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to add then purchse the add-,on.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

@mdelgado1946 wrote:

I just purchased a 5$ add-on and it is not working. Can you please help?

@mdelgado1946   Buying add-ons is a two step process, first add funds then purchase add-on.  If you did both steps then try rebooting your phone.

mdelgado1946

I just purchased a 5$ add-on and it is not working. Can you please help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JBird wrote:

Thanks Hairbag, I have figured out what was wrong - Kudos to the Comunity!

Well inquiring minds want to know...what did you figure out? It would also be helpful for other future readers.

JBird

Thanks Hairbag, I have figured out what was wrong - Kudos to the Comunity!

@JBird wrote:

The PM site says “Resolved!” but NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED. Can’t even find the solution, just keep getting useless information about “ How to purchase Add Ons - I have already purchased the Add Ons what I need is help getting them to work. Have an iOS device and changed APN but do not know where the rest of the information stuff PM gave me to change on my phone. It says that the carrier here in Hawaii is T Mobile but PM says it’s AT&T but even when I change all of this in Settings = Still bubpkas, nada, not working 

Somebody must have accidently clicked on the "accept as solution" button for that to show. Very few people here can actually do that. I've removed the solution.

As for the APN settings, you need the Public Mobile APN settings, and not those of either AT&T or T-Mobile.

@JBird wrote:

The PM site says “Resolved!” but NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED. Can’t even find the solution, just keep getting useless information about “ How to purchase Add Ons - I have already purchased the Add Ons what I need is help getting them to work. Have an iOS device and changed APN but do not know where the rest of the information stuff PM gave me to change on my phone. It says that the carrier here in Hawaii is T Mobile but PM says it’s AT&T but even when I change all of this in Settings = Still bubpkas, nada, not working 

Did you get the correct add-on ? For use in USA, you need the 10 Day US Roaming add-on options. Is that what you see when you log into your account / My Data and Add-ons ?

Make sure that Roaming is enabled in Settings. (You shouldn't have to fiddle with APN on your iphone.)

You can manually select either of AT&T or T-mobile...whichever works best where you are.

JBird

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Getting an add-on is confusing until you do it a couple times.

First make sure you have enuff $$ in Available Funds for the add-on you want.

Then click on Purchase Add-on for the menu and select the add-on you want.

Once it's been added successfully, it should work right away.

Here's some reading for you...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

allison1

Which add-on and how is it not working? Perhaps we can help! 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JBird wrote:

Do NOT purchase PM Add Ons they do not work and you can’t get a refund 

Which add-ons are you refrring to ? I know someone here will get it working for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.