cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On data only loads Public Mobile

Rachel-Nicole
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a gig of add-on data from an old autopay incentive but I can only load public mobiles site. It won't even let me load the login page for my account because it's technically a telus site.

Any ideas on what's happening?

16 REPLIES 16

@Rachel-Nicole   Understand you are a bit frustrated, but please note that you have a very interesting  case here.

Try to do a Network reset and see if it works

and you are on iPhone or Android?  If iPhone, make sure your Carrier Profile is updated

And make sure you have no VPN enabled.  We did have some members here spending time to troubleshoot but turns out their school VPN was the reason

If it still does not work, you mentioned that it tries to load a Telus page but fails, can you copy the URL and post here?  would like to see which page it tries to go to 

hmmm

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

By any chance do you have some apps that you have switched OFF from using Data? Like your browser? 

Did you not say....."Any ideas on what's happening?"

@CountyDownIeUk 

OP said she was able to login to her account to find out how much data was used for the current cycle.  But she cannot display other self-serve pages other than the first page after login.  Therefore, OP has not disabled data usage by the browser app.  

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Rachel-Nicole 

your device is Android, maybe your issue browser

• browser app clear cache/clear data,
  • check updated version app,
  • check your software ios update date,

• if still like to use from mobile browser install browaer Microsoft Edge and use in inPrivate mode,
  • also if you use browser chrome choose Desktop site mode,  photo

or purchase Add-ons by call *611  and see the photo  how to puschase.after puschase do rebooting device.

or use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

Maybe your browser is using whitelist/blacklist filtering. Or do you have other browser add-ons that could be filtering sites?

I suggest trying to access things using a different device or browser like a non-cell/non-mobile device.

By any chance do you have some apps that you have switched OFF from using Data? Like your browser? 

Did you not say....."Any ideas on what's happening?"

Rachel-Nicole

Okay,  before anyone else replies asking me to clear my cache or go incognito, or saying that I'm looking at a previously loaded page.

Know this:

I AM CURRENTLY TYPING THIS OUT ON DATA. IM ON MY PHONE, WHICH WILL NOT LOAD ANY PAGE EXCEPT FOR ONES WITH PUBLICMOBILE IN FRONT. WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN IT BRINGS ME TO A TELUS SITE, AND IT FAILS TO LOAD. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HAVING DATA OFF ON AN APP, AN OLD CACHE OR NEEDING INCOGNITO.

PLEASE READ THE POST BEFORE COMMENTING REDUNDANCIES IN SLIM HOPES OF A REWARD FOR YOUR BILL.

Thank you.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

By any chance do you have some apps that you have switched OFF from using Data? Like your browser? And perhaps what you are seeing is your last search on your browser from using WiFi. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rachel-Nicole 

You cannot to go to another page from the first page after login because your previous session was not reset correctly.  Logoff from the first page will clear the previous status.  Then, login again. it will work.

I had no luck to get Chrome browser working correctly without going to incognito mode.  Now, I am using Firefox on my laptop to login to the new portal and it works without clearing browser cache and using private/incognito mode.  Good luck.

@Rachel-Nicole...

PM recently "updated" the website and for some reason you now have to use incognito mode in order to get an accurate detail of your data remaining. Try using a different web browser...Firefox seems to work using incognito mode, for me.

@Rachel-Nicole   Can you show what PM page you can only go to now?  Provide us a screenshot

Also, when you check your usage, did you use Incognito mode?  PM usage page might have cached on your computer and might not be showing the correct usage if you don't use Incognito mode or another browser.

@Rachel-Nicole 

Which browser are you using?  May clear cache or incognito mode.  Or a different web browser.  

Or you could try your SIM card in another working phone. Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Rachel-Nicole

I reset my phone twice after confirming I have data. I cannot log into my account because it redirects me to a telus login page, and though they are the same company it doesn't seem to load any website not starting with "publicmobile"

Rachel-Nicole

Hi, will13am

Thanks for this reply, but I haven't run out of data.

My account page last showed over 800mbs still free on my add-on data updated at 4am this morning.

I am currently, as of right now, using data to type this message. However, I cannot load any pages that aren't started with "publicmobile"

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rachel-Nicole , I think you have run out of data, including add-on data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rachel-Nicole   did you get into a PM  page asking you to login ?  

Check My Account and see if your add-on data usage is still there, just in case you have already used that up already.  You might want to use Incognito mode to make sure you got the accurate usage reading.  

If it does show you still have the data, try to reboot your phone once.  

Need Help? Let's chat.