cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

Papat96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone, bought and installed a new SIM card, in another phone.

I registered the SIM card but have been unable to activate my phone.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Papat96  - either you activated a SIM card with a whole new account, or you SIM-Swapped the lost SIM number with the new SIM number you purchased? I can't quite tell which you did....

Here is hoping you did the SIM-Swap. See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

If you cannot activate your phone, can you ensure that your self serve account says Active status?

If the account is suspended, then you will need to manually top up the account to the value or more of what you owe, then reactivate the account.

Try performing a reset of the device's network settings. OR, can you try the SIM card into another compatible phone to see if services work then?

Trying to rule out a device issue...it is a new to you phone, right? Did you check if it was locked or blacklisted?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Papat96 

Did you activate your SIM card? You want an unactivated SIM card to swap out in your account.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Papat96   How you "registered" the SIM?  Did you login to My Account and requested Change SIM card,?  did you pick email to receive the 2FA code?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Papat96    Did you log into your self serve account and select Change SIM (right hand side of page) and added the new SIM?  Then you also would have needed to select howe to receive the 2FA verification method (email/text).

Need Help? Let's chat.