cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

Mk555
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. 

I tried to activate my sim card and followed all steps. When I clicked final step to activate sim card I got 2 check marks really fast but when it got to plans it was just froze then an error screen popped up. I tried to go back and go through activation again but now says I have an invalid sim card number.

6 REPLIES 6

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you tried to activate few times and failed do not be surprised if your card is charged multiple times.

Mk555

I since got the text and all is good. Thank you

@Mk555   First put in your PM SIM card and confirm if you can connect to the PM network and make outgoing calls.  If so, good, you account was activated

next thing you can do is to confirm the porting status.  I will private message you a phone number to call.   Check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right.   they can provide you update to your porting request

However, if putting your PM SIM and the phone cannot connect to the PM network and you cannot make an outgoing calls.  Come back and tell us what the screen showing for the issue (like if it says "SIM not provisioned", "No Network", "No SIM", etc)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mk555 

How long ago did you activate? It might take 1-2 hours to receive that text. 

Try the PM SIM card in your phone.  See whether you are able to call or text out.

Do not activate again or your will be charged again.  

Mk555

I was charged but I did not receive the text message from my old provider to allow to port my number over to public

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mk555 

First check if your credit card was charged.  If charged, try your PIM SIM card in your phone.

If not charged, you can try again in one hour.  Or you can clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  The activation system can be finicky at times.  

Need Help? Let's chat.