cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation requires SMS to number I'm trying to activate

chadlaing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Helping a family member activate a SIM. All is well until the final step, where I need to enter a 6 digit code sent to the number I'm trying to activate. Real chicken and egg scenario.

Any help would be dandy, 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@chadlaing 

Are you trying to activate a physical SIM card or an e-sim?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

chadlaing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your help. Part of the problem I think is the phone is too old to download the app, so we used the app on a different phone. It actually said everything was activated, but the phone still says "unregistered SIM", and trying to log in to the account the SIM is connected to now is impossible because we can't receive a text. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@chadlaing 

Is there an option provided which reads "didn't get the code?"

When you tap that does it give you the option to send it to an email instead?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chadlaing 

are you using the app to activate? If not, please download and use the app to complete the activation

And are you activating eSIM or physical sim?  If physical sim, put the sim in the phone and see if it got the codes

If not, can you post a screenshot of which step you are at on the Subscription process?

Need Help? Let's chat.