cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of eSim in Hong Kong

samuel0717
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have bought the eSim from Public Mobile but I am not currently staying in Hong Kong. It seems like I am now able to receive the activation from Canada. Is it I can only activate it when I arrive in Canada? Is there a deadline or time limit that I have to activate it in certain time? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @samuel0717 

You can register your eSIM anywhere. 

You can activate it at any time. Using it however is a different story. You can NOT use it in Hong Kong or anywhere overseas. Public Mobile can only be used in Canada and roaming in the United States. 

There is no deadline on when you need to activate the eSIM. 

If you are currently in Hong Kong, I would wait till you got back to Canada to activate it. Furthermore. If you're looking to to talk to people back in Canada, I would suggest downloading an app called Fongo or TextNow. You MAY need to use a VPN and pick a Canadian IP address to download. Not sure what rules are out there in Hong Kong. But using Fongo or TextNow over WiFi will allow you to speak free to friends and family back in Canada. 

Hope this helps.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@samuel0717  Yes you need to be in Canada and use the new PM app to activate 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Not? Or are staying? Public won't work there. You could sign up but you won't be able to verify the device because you can't receive a text there.

Need Help? Let's chat.