cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation interrupted, now selected number is not available

jeremyw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was interrupted while I was trying to activate my SIM card. I had selected a number I quite like. Now when I start the activation process again and try to select that number it says it is not available. Suspecting the number might be in limbo because I had previously selected it, I called it and got a recording saying the number is not in service.

(My process for getting selecting the number initially was, in Step 2 - Choose Phone Number:

- Select local calling area

- Select any number with the area code I want

- Check "Or customize the last 4 digits of your phone number."

- Enter the digits and "Check availability")

Would a mod be able to check if the number is currently in an on-hold status, and if it can be released for me?

-J

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeremyw wrote:

I was interrupted while I was trying to activate my SIM card. I had selected a number I quite like. Now when I start the activation process again and try to select that number it says it is not available. Suspecting the number might be in limbo because I had previously selected it, I called it and got a recording saying the number is not in service.

(My process for getting selecting the number initially was, in Step 2 - Choose Phone Number:

Would a mod be able to check if the number is currently in an on-hold status, and if it can be released for me?

-J

Sorry. I didn't pick up on your number choosing method that was in your OP.

That could very well work to try again but give the server about an hour to close out the opened failed activation session.

Edit: @jeremyw I've made a bunch of changes.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jeremyw wrote:

-J

@jeremyw, you can ask, but I wouldn't set hopes too high.  It might got back into the list for the next person in the same city. If it is a good number, it could get taken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeremyw wrote:

@Anonymous This sounds like a good solution, and I'm open to trying it, but since I'm not in a rush I chose to follow @geopublic's advice and DM the mods first -- which is why I accepted the other solution.

Makes no never mind to me. It's your thread. Only you can be satisfied with an answer.

All good.

jeremyw

@Anonymous This sounds like a good solution, and I'm open to trying it, but since I'm not in a rush I chose to follow @geopublic's advice and DM the mods first -- which is why I accepted the other solution.

@jeremyw wrote:

Do you know if there's a fee to change your number?

@jeremyw  No fee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeremyw wrote:

No fee.

In fact you can change it once per term if you like.

jeremyw

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jeremyw wrote:

-J

@jeremyw Best to contact the moderator team and explain what happened and ask them if they can assign to you. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeremyw wrote:

-J

I have heard of the mods doing that. Select another number and get all signed up. Then send them a private message and ask real nice like if they could set you up with that other number you liked.

Need Help? Let's chat.