cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation final stage issue

Liz111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. Recently, i activated another account at the selfservice site with my credit card. At the final stage, it gave me an error and was not sure if my simcard was properly activated. 

So i tried activating it again thru a computer, and it says the sim card# is already used. 

So i tried putting it in a phone and it is working now. 

Unfortunately, i cannot access "my account" using the email address i registered. 

I cant even reset the password. As the email address is not registered.

What should i do to access my account? 

Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GREYS_LOVER24 wrote:

My cards are already added. No issues there. It just won't accept my payment. 

@GREYS_LOVER24 

Cards? Pretty sure only one can be in there. However... can you make a manual payment rather than Amount Due? Is the card still valid?

Can you use the 611 service to make a payment?

GREYS_LOVER24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My cards are already added. No issues there. It just won't accept my payment. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GREYS_LOVER24 wrote:

I think the issue is site wide - I can't add money to my account, no matter how many cards I try with. 

@GREYS_LOVER24 

The money-taking system is ridiculous and uninformative. To the point that it would seem they don't want your money since the problem has been so long-standing. By now though you've probably triggered a security lock-out of adding a payment card.

The address entered into the payment card screen needs to match the billing address of the card, don't use the apt# field, either no space in the postal code or drop the last digit.

You can also use a voucher or an instant top-up to pay for the service.

GREYS_LOVER24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think the issue is site wide - I can't add money to my account, no matter how many cards I try with. 

Liz111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. It works now!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Liz111  

Step-By-Step Process

1. Click here.
  2. Type in your phone number.
    • If you transferred your number from a previous carrier, enter that number. Please wait for the number transfer to complete (approx. 2 hours) before creating your account.
    • If you got a new number and can’t remember it, locate it on your device:
      • For Apple devices, select the ‘Phone’ icon, then ‘Contacts’. Your number will be at the top of the contacts list.
      • For Android devices, open ‘Settings’ and select ‘About Phone’ or ‘About Device’, then ‘Status’ or ‘Phone Identity’.
  3. Click ‘Submit’. The phone associated with the number you entered will then receive a text message with a 6-digit verification code. Enter that code, click ‘Verify Code’, and then click ‘Continue’.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Liz111 

Did you received a welcome email from PM?

If no, there may be a typo on your email address.  Another possibility is that your self-serve account was not created during your online activation.

Try to create your self-serve account using this link and report result.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Liz111 you need to contact customer support mods to fix it

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "locked out of self serve"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liz111 

Did you try to create the account under My Account? On the right side.

Need Help? Let's chat.