cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Failed

mpublicc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number to Public Mobile on May 6 but I still cannot call out as of today.  The agent texted me but could not do anything to help.  What can I do besides cancelling?

4 REPLIES 4

mpublicc

Thanks for reaching out to me.  I got a new eSIM and it is workiing now.  Sorry to hear about your saga!

RavD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, not much help from any agent I was without a Working phone connection for days after Porting over.
I pretty much did everything

reset the phone the entire phone not just network settings

the first eSIM didn’t install properly then bought a physical Sim From a Telus store when I installed it, my phone completely stopped working. The Telus store people very nonchalantly washed their hands off of it. They said they have nothing to do with Public Mobile.

and then I bought another eSIM through the PM app 

It’s still didn’t work.. 

Out of options and out of reach from the many people who were trying to get through to me, I had no other option but to install my Sim that I use abroad & use it on roaming , I was out of pocket Hundreds of dollars I ran out of credit.

for some strange reason when I turned on the Public Mobile line after having used up my credit on my Sim from abroad,  it started working. I don’t know what changed.. No one from Public Mobile had reached out to me, so I don’t know if they did anything at their end.. At least as far as I was concerned, it definitely did seem like a problem on their end, Because other Sims were working perfectly fine on my phone..

Long story short , I think If you’re confident that your phone is working properly ( And you can try to use other Sim if you have access to it ) , at a minimum youll probably need to get another eSIM ( 5 bucks) ‘& give it another shot And see if the activation is successful

Customer support is pretty much an oxymoron with Public Mobile as I discovered I was out of options because I couldn’t lose the number so I had to persist

That said, the $34 canada US plan is quite good and has good value so I’m sticking with it for now 

mpublicc

It was eSIM.  Agent just sent me another message.  Had to purchase a new one.  Thanks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mpublicc 

was it activated with an esim or physical sim? I don't agree agent cannot help.  it is just a sim provisioning issue if the sim does not work

if it is esim, let us know, probably it is just a device setup problem

or if you want to engage support for help and escalation (or cancel the account),  please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.