cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Error

ianhawes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am setting up a new account for one of my children and I get an Activation Error at the final step. this is a new SIM which I ordered on my credit card and just received.   The Activation is rejected when I submit and the tool complains about my credit card information.  This is the same card details I have used on my and my spouses Public Mobile accounts.       I checked with my card provider and they see no issues on their side.

I tried different browsers with the same Error.   I waited 24 hrs and tried again ... same Error Result.    I mailed a MOD and its been 24 hrs and no response from their group.

5 REPLIES 5

ianhawes

Thank you both.   I used a different credit card and Activation was successful.

The "used too many times" bug seems to occur when a card is used several days in a row. If an alternate card is needed for activation, you can change the card a few days later.

Here are some suggestions before contacting the moderators:

• clear your browser’s cache/cookies and restart your computer
  • use a different browser, or private/incognito mode
  • turn off any popup/ad blocker
  • no punctuation signs, commas, apostrophes, dashes in the activation form
  • pay attention to any field length limits, and if you have a long name(s) enter short ones; do not enter middle names
  • be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces
  • choose any valid Canadian number that is not your own as “Alternate”

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Here's a reference
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Mobile-Payment-screen-will-NOT-tak...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ianhawes

I will try a different card but I do not believe it is accurate to say that only 2 accounts can use the same card number.   I presently have 3 accounts using the same credit card number.  This would be a fourth.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Reason you having issues because you only allow to use 1 credit card for 2 account max. Try different credit card.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.