cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating the line without the app?

mrblue74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It asks us to install the app to complete the activation. Is there any way to complete the activation without the app??

7 REPLIES 7

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The SIM must be in the phone that has the app. So if your going to install the app on your phone the their SIM card must be in your phone to complete the activation.

If it still doesn't work then you can submit a ticket to a Public Mobile CS agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Just to clarify,  this is what I did in October when i signed up. I first started online and it wouldn't let me continue without the app.

I see others say not necessary once you pass a certain stage so I guess it depends on how far along you are.

mrblue74

This is for my cousin. We have no trust issue. I already have the app. I logged out then we logged in back with his. There is no activation button and. It just asks us add phone number (to confirm the EverSafe email) but we don’t have the number yet. When we logged in the app from his wife’s app/account yesterday, we had the activation button and then we were able to pick a phone number for her and finalize. Are you sure we can do this from someone else’s phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mrblue74 

actually, as long as you passed the payment step using the browser, you can ask support agent to help

I believe you already got passed the payment part from what you said, so, you can submit ticket with PM support agent and ask them to help out the rest of the step, mainly the phone number choosing or porting

submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

When I was signing up it ased for the App. I didn't want to download for my own personal reasons. I have a smartphone, BUT chose not to.

I had to have someone else download the app for me and activate the service.  When it was successfully activated,  I had them delete the app from their phone. It is only needed for activation. 

You have to ensure you have some you trust to do this for you.

I still don't have the app today. I go online always ✌️

mrblue74

They are new arrivals with iPhone. The app doesn’t download, it says the app isn’t available in your country. We changed the country of the wife’s phone and was able to proceed and activate her line. But it just doesn’t happen with his husband’s phone. We have been calling Apple support since yesterday, they even connected to his phone and they are surprised as well because they say we were able to change the country, and it should have the app. But it doesn’t. We are out of ideas now.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mrblue74  No sorry app is required to activate . Can you use a friends phone to download the app and activate then delete off phone , then you can use website to manage the account as normal 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mrblue74 

At the present time, there is no other way to complete the activation without app.  Any reason why you can't download app?  If certain phones (ie. Flip phones), you can download app on a family or friend phone and complete the activation on different phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.