cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating phone

davidthomasx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed yesterday and received an email confirming that my phone number will be transferred within hours. I signed into the app today and am supposed to be receiving a code to my phone, which never comes. My phone shows that the Public Mobile eSim is downloaded and active. My phone shows no connection the the Public Mobile network. I get codes sent to my e-mail address, but when the app says that I have an "active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access", it cannot send my phone the code because the phone is not connected. I think it would help if I could sign into Eversafe, but I cannot find how to do that.

7 REPLIES 7

davidthomasx

When I restarted the phone about 3:30 pm, the PM network was working. I didn't take the Telus sim out. I talked to the Telus Port team who confirmed that my Telus account was transferred to PM successfully and that the eSim on the phone was installed. Then called the PM Port team to see if they could switch the phone on. Apparently they succeeded. Kudos to the support team, but I wish the whole transfer had gone more smoothly so I wouldn't have to seek their support.

HI @davidthomasx 

and this is how to change the default sim to the esim:

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/9449293?hl=en

HI @davidthomasx 

remove the Telus sim for now and reboot phone, your phone should pick up PM esim

only put the Telus sim back when you need it

davidthomasx

I tried scanning the QR code with google lens but it didn't do anything.

davidthomasx

The eSim is active. I have a Google Pixel 6a; I cannot see how to set it as Primary and Reset all Networks. My old Sim (formerly with Telus) is still in the Sim slot.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@davidthomasx  There’s a number for the porting team (live support) will send you it private message. As we not allowed to post it here .  they can give status update on the port and re trigger it if needed . Did you reply YES to the confirmation text to transfer number from old provider with in the 90 minute window ?..will also leave you with this direct link to support should they be Needed also 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @davidthomasx 

so, the esim installed? or you are not sure? if not sure, scan the QR code from welcome email

after you installed the eSIM, make the eSIM active, and Primary, click Reset All networks

Need Help? Let's chat.