cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM

kathychan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I activated my public mobile sim (without transferring the number from my previous provider Freedom mobile). I have been using the public mobile sim without being able to receive any texts or calls. I am trying to re-activate my public mobile sim card so that it will prompt my old freedom sim card to authorize the phone number transfer (yes/no). When I try to activate my public mobile sim, it says I need to enter a valid SIM card number. 

How do I re-activate my public mobile sim online?

Thank you,

Kathy

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kathychan   , 

usually the problem that you cannot receive inbound text and calls only because of porting not completed.  You sure you have not request porting yet?  Go to My Account , check the profile and see what number showing there.  If it is really a new number, not the number you want to port, maybe there is problem with your account setup.  I would get that fixed before request porting.

First, try reboot your phone and maybe that is all you need

If still unable to receiving calls/text, try putting your sim card on another phone.  

If that shows the same, open ticket with PM CS agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kathychan 

So you activated with a temporary new  phone number?  You still should be able to receive phone and texts.  Usually if you can't receive phone calls/texts (and only can call or text out), that means you have a stuck port.  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@kathychan wrote:

Hi,

I activated my public mobile sim (without transferring the number from my previous provider Freedom mobile). I have been using the public mobile sim without being able to receive any texts or calls. I am trying to re-activate my public mobile sim card so that it will prompt my old freedom sim card to authorize the phone number transfer (yes/no). When I try to activate my public mobile sim, it says I need to enter a valid SIM card number. 

How do I re-activate my public mobile sim online?

Thank you,

Kathy

@kathychan hi your sim is already activated you don't try to reactivate again ,go into your self serve account in profile you can then go to change number and transfer your number there remember to leave your fredom sim in your phone to receive transfer text,you must reply yes within 90 minutes for port to complete, edit did you already try to port your number during activation?you say you didn't but it seems like you may have.

Need Help? Let's chat.