cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM Card

be77yboop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to public mobile and looking for some information.
When I sign in, it says my account is active. But, for some strange reason I
can not call out or receive calls and it says on my phone that I don't have a sim
card. Do I have to activate my SIM card separately on the website or should
it already be done?  Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

be77yboop

Hi softech

I just wanted to thank you very much for your assistance with my issue with cell phone.  It is working now.

be77yboop

Hi Halimacs

I just wanted to thank you very much for your assistance with my issue with cell phone.  It is working now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@be77yboop so, you are able to login to My Account?  If so, you have completed the activation

HOWEVER, since you cannot make calls out and not receive calls, it looks like the system has not properly provisioned your Sim card.   

No worry, it is an easy fix, you just need to open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Also, try to reseat your sim card once more while you wait for support to reply.  Power down the phone , take the sim card out from the tray , then put it back FIRMLY, and power up the phone

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes,  you do @be77yboop 

You need a credit card and an email address, and the SIM card in hand. Then click activate on the top of the page.

If you've already done this, did you reply "yes" to the port authorization text from your prior provider, leaving your old provider SIM card in while doing this?  ( if you're porting your number here from elsewhere).

Then try rebooting your phone and you should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.