cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating New Account for Parents - webserver choked on processing credit card, locked out

MagFhinn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was setting up the 1st of 2 accounts for my parents, got to the point where it was processing the credit card info then got redirected to the "Oh No it looks like something went wrong  but don't panic" page.

I can't re-register as it says the email and SIM# are used, but I also can't log in with the email password, and if I go to create a self serve account with the phone number I had it tells me the phone number is invalid. If I try to reset the password for the email it says "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

The system appears to have buggered up at a crutial step where I'm both unregistered and registered and can't do anything.

Help Please

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

All is good now, just ported both parents over successfully!  Website worked 100% the second activation.   Must have been a lot of people signing up at once!

MagFhinn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signup got stuck in Draft for whatever reason. Mods sorted it out for me.

jotsang

@dmbcanada wrote:

Same darn thing happened to me as well just now!   Got through whole process and the payment page took forever and then got the following error page:

Capture.JPG

Test your SIM in a phone first. It is possible that your SIM is already activaited. Otherwise, try activation again after an hour using Chrome incognito window.

dmbcanada

Same darn thing happened to me as well just now!   Got through whole process and the payment page took forever and then got the following error page:

Capture.JPG

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MagFhinn  That sounds really frustrating.  Your best bet at this time is to probably private message @CS_Agent .  Hopefully they can help you quickly.  Good luck!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I believe before paying for it your account is not created yet

Try emptying cashe or using another browser

You may have to wait for session to release your sim and email

I would also suggest to use different credit card I've seen posts where system didn't like to use a particular card for no apparent reason

For me (well my aunt but I was activating and now I'm 611 for her too) the first time the session was released after 10 minutes and another one took almost an hour.

Hope it works out

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MagFhinn wrote:

Was setting up the 1st of 2 accounts for my parents, got to the point where it was processing the credit card info then got redirected to the "Oh No it looks like something went wrong  but don't panic" page.

I can't re-register as it says the email and SIM# are used, but I also can't log in with the email password, and if I go to create a self serve account with the phone number I had it tells me the phone number is invalid. If I try to reset the password for the email it says "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

The system appears to have buggered up at a crutial step where I'm both unregistered and registered and can't do anything.

Help Please

Cheers

If you can't access your self-serve account and cannot reset the password, you'll have to contact the moderators.  You can send a private message to the moderators by clicking this link.  Response time is between a few hours up to 48 hours, so I would at least send that off now.  In the meantime, there might other things others may suggest you try.  Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.