cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated my phone yesterday but telus would not release my phone

john64
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Talked with Telus and they told me that I had to put their sim card back into my phone and then when public mobile sent a request for phone transfer they would text me and I would verify I want the change. I would then put Public mobile sim card into my phone. Can you help me with this.

9 REPLIES 9

@john64 

For your email address issue, you will need to contact moderator as described above. Unfortunately wait times are longer than usual. Check your private messages. 

Contact the Porting department. ***

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

john64

I need to talk to someone who can actually tell me what is happening with my account. I do not want to mess with someone else's email address. Their account is working fine with Public Mobile with an email address that belongs to them. I was told by the person you asked me to call that my sim card is set up with his email address. If two accounts cannot have the same email address this cannot be true. His email address is attached to a sim card that belongs to him. I still cannot use my phone or access my account. When I put in my email address this site says it does not recognize it. I am at a loss as to what to do?

you will need to contact customer support mods to update the email to a different one. you cannot have two accounts registered to one email. 

if you know what the account details are. name, birthday etc. then contact customer support mods

please click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "forgot log in information
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

john64

I called the phone number you gave me and things are not fixed but hopefully soon they will be but the issue I have now is when my sim card was activated my sim card was registered to a different first name than mine and the same last name. My email was not used my son's email was used and he has his own account. I cannot access this account attached to my sim card. Tried using the name that was given to me and the email given to me and the password I used to set up account and it does not work. Any suggestions?

@john64 wrote:

-So after I have done that Public Mobile sim card will automatically work?

@john64 Correct. You can use your old sim until it stops working. This means the port is complete and you can pop in the PM sim. Welcome to PM.

norm2

John, I just did that with Telus a few days ago.  Yes, after the process and you put in the Public Mobile sim, Public Mobile will work.  It sure is nice to get the same service but pay less.

john64

-So after I have done that Public Mobile sim card will automatically work?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@john64 wrote:

Talked with Telus and they told me that I had to put their sim card back into my phone and then when public mobile sent a request for phone transfer they would text me and I would verify I want the change. I would then put Public mobile sim card into my phone. Can you help me with this. 

@john64 

There is a relatively new procedure introduced by all cell companies to prevent fraudulent ports. You will receive a text SMS from your provider asking you to authorize the port. You have 90 minutes to reply. If you did not receive the SMS for whatever reason you can call *** and have them fix the port. If you answered the SMS it can take a few hours for the port to complete. You can continue using your old sim until it stops working. Then insert your PM sim and you should be good to go.

Here is a link to a Public Mobile page on porting that may be useful:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.