Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated my card how long to work?

VanessaLeitao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my SIM card.

"Congratulations Vanessa!

Your SIM card is now active on Canada’s largest Mobile Network", so after I went and inserted my card on my unlocked phone and it still says No SIM.

How long does it take to start working?

79 REPLIES 79

RabbitEffect
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to everyone in this thread that has helped out. I just joined and I really appreciate the support everyone provides!

@claudedunn @VanessaLeitao 

Whoop! Whoop! Everyone's on the pm train! Whoop! Whoop!

claudedunn

Thanks, nice community here, lots of help

Cool.. we have 2 happy customers now.   

Also, with the amount of postings and bravos you have so far, probably you will have $1 or $2 Community Rewards for this month.  Not a lot, but a still a "compensation" you deserve.

Enjoy PM. 

VanessaLeitao

Yes, same. They fixed it. Everything is working, and I'm happy.

Thank you all for the help 😉

@claudedunn  happy that you are happy.. enjoy

claudedunn

they solved everything, im very happy now, thank you, it was worth the wait

@VanessaLeitao @claudedunn 

how the activation ?  I message the CS Agent team earlier and today, finally, I was told they have already reached out to you.  Hope your issue is finally resolved or will be resolve soon  

@VanessaLeitao 

If the SIM card is a dud just purchase a new SIM card and save the receipt. Submit the receipt to the CSA and they will credit your account the purchase price. Are you still able to purchase a card today?

You may also be able to purchase SIM cards at 7/11, Shell, Husky and maybe Mobil stations and the TMS and/or Loblaws/RCSS equivalent ( Provigo?)in Quebec. Call around first with the new fongo app you just downloaded.....😃!

Do you now have access to your self serve account?

VanessaLeitao

True, but the place where I get the SIM card is right next to the store I will test again with them just to make sure, and then if I'm right, I will then ask for the reimburse.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao : Then you don't need further testing at a store. You've tested the presumably activated SIM in another phone and it didn't work. You've tested another SIM in your phone and it works.

I would report these findings back to the CSA and maybe they'll just say to get another SIM and they should reimburse you for the cost.

VanessaLeitao

Yes I've done that. My device is fine.

As I said it before, As soon as I can I will go to a store and test it.

Thank you all for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao wrote:

Yea, I did try on a friend. and didn't work too. 

@VanessaLeitao 

ok then take your friend SIM card put it in your device is will working ? test your device !!

claudedunn

Yes, Public is the self service version of telus and ownm by it, that why i choose them, one of the best network

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao 

public mobile not have any store, you can go to any store in your area to test it and told them any store the can help you for test the SIM card all device in canada is it unlocked....

VanessaLeitao

Yea, I did try on a friend. and didn't work too. 

claudedunn

yes, actually

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao : You don't have a friend or relative with a phone nearby to try your SIM in?

VanessaLeitao

Oh I thought I had to really go to a PM store. So I can just go to a Telus store right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao 

go to any store the have test device the will can help me to test it is not about public mobile, go to any store anywhere and if find Telus store near you, the will test it any SIM card to see where the issue from SIM card or your device.....

claudedunn

Thank you, glad your all ok

VanessaLeitao

Apparently seems like a SIM card problem. Will need to go to a store so they can test on another device. But I'm afraid Montreal doesn't have any physical store of Public

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanessaLeitao wrote:

Yes they just replied to me.

We still trying to fix it. 

be patient with them and make sure you are ask them what you need to do you know and i happy for you will getting service to you will enjoy it

Good Luck

claudedunn

great, i hope im next !

VanessaLeitao

Yes they just replied to me.

We still trying to fix it. 

@VanessaLeitao 

I take it you finally received a reply from customer support.....woohoo!😃 I hope?🤔

I will send you a private message in a little bit.

@claudedunn 

Things are looking up!🤞

VanessaLeitao

New one.

@VanessaLeitao 

Did you port your phone number in or choose a new one?

@VanessaLeitao 

Do you have access to WiFi? ( Assuming yes since you are here.) Download the fongo app so you have a working phone number on WiFi. Once you have service the fongo app will also work on mobile data (0.5mb=1min of calling). It is also an effective work around for international roaming that pm does not offer (outside of the US) on WiFi or with a local or global sim by call forwarding your pm number to your fongo number before you leave Canada. It will also work to maintain calling if you are going to an area not serviced by the 3G network that pm uses for your calling service.

VanessaLeitao

No because without this new card my phone doesn't work. I moved to Montreal 3 days ago. Bought this card to have a phone number, and because of this situation I don't have a phone working at the moment.

Need Help? Let's chat.