cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated SIM. Says NO network, help?

Jasmincoral
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM yesterday, used phone # from Telus and still today I am getting NO network, I haven't had any phone service.

Confirmed my account is active, Its paid, I've restarted phone, reinstalled SIM, looked at network settings, nothing...

I have a Samsung galaxy 8 

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jasmincoral wrote:

I activated my SIM yesterday, used phone # from Telus and still today I am getting NO network, I haven't had any phone service.

Confirmed my account is active, Its paid, I've restarted phone, reinstalled SIM, looked at network settings, nothing...

I have a Samsung galaxy 8 

Thanks 

@Jasmincoral 

Does your Public Mobile SIM card work when you try it in another compatible device?

Perform a RESET of your Network Settings of your Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ :
  1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. ...
  2. Navigate: Settings > General management. ...
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Tap Reset settings.
  5. If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern then tap Reset again to confirm.

Check if your phone is blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jasmincoral 

Check your phone Setting>Connection>Mobile network>enable Data roaming.

Also check Access Point Names>enable PM.

@Jasmincoral 

Work with the moderators to solve your account set up issue so you have working pm services then once that is fixed they can reinitiate your port from telus if that is still needed. If your telus sim has stopped working then your port completed into your pm account that didnt set up correctly.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Jasmincoral 

I will private message you the number to help with porting from Telus to public mobile. 

Hopefully you may be able to use someone else's phone to call this number to assist with what may be a failed port.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right. 

This is not something that the Porting Team can help with.  Assuming that there is no service on the SIM card/no network connection is available, having the Porting Team complete the number transfer is actually an extremely bad thing to happen for the customer.  This would result in the service at the old carrier to stop working, and the number would be ported into a non-working Public Mobile service.

As long as this isn't simply a device settings issue, and is actually an issue with the activation of the service itself, a Public Mobile moderator is needed. 

@Jasmincoral 

Do you have outgoing services and data working? The porting department can't help you if your account with pm didn't set up correctly. They can only help with a failed port. 

Jasmincoral

Perfect thank you 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jasmincoral 

I will private message you the number to help with porting from Telus to public mobile. 

Hopefully you may be able to use someone else's phone to call this number to assist with what may be a failed port.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right. 

@Jasmincoral 

You have no services at all? Is your phone unlocked?

@Jasmincoral , is your Galaxy 8 a North American version?

When you go to Mobile Network, search network, did it See Public Mobile?

If you try to force 3G,or 4G instead of Auto?  Just want to see if it makes any difference when toggle the different network type.

Jasmincoral

Thank you, 

I have tried using simon and went through all of the suggestions. Also have msg moderators and waiting. 

I will try in another phone thanks. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Jasmincoral  did you try using the SIM on another phone? 

Since it has been quiet some time, It is possible a SIM issue or account issue on the backend, you might want to open a ticket with mod 

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.