cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate second phone from Virgin

KMD77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had two phones on my account with Virgin Mobile.

I ported over my phone today with no issues.

I now want to bring over my wife's phone.

Both phones were on my account with Virgin. Since I need to setup a separate account for my wife with PM, will I have an issue with porting her number over. I read on this site that only the account holder can port an existing number. I am the account holder with Virgin but she will be the account holder with PM.

7 REPLIES 7

@gpixel wrote:

@KMD77 I did the same thing with my parents phones on the weekend. just follow the same steps you used to port over the first account

at the end of the payment process, insert your sim restart your phone and reset your network settings.

the two ports from virgin took about 2 hours to complete. outgoing calls/text right away and receiving calls/texts took about an hour and a half 

^^^^ This by @gpixel .  I like it when the response comes from personal experience.

@KMD77 Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community.  Cheers!  1

@KMD77 I did the same thing with my parents phones on the weekend. just follow the same steps you used to port over the first account

at the end of the payment process, insert your sim restart your phone and reset your network settings.

the two ports from virgin took about 2 hours to complete. outgoing calls/text right away and receiving calls/texts took about an hour and a half 

@KMD77 see this link below its an older guide but you'll get the idea with the pictures. You can put one name for account (wife) and name for port from virgin (you)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

@KMD77 wrote:

If I port her number during activation, will I still have the ability to put in my Virgin account to complete the port.

Yes. If you port in during activation, it will ask for the name of the Virgin Mobile account owner on the number porting request form.

KMD77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I port her number during activation, will I still have the ability to put in my Virgin account to complete the port.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

New sim new email. You can use same credit card.

Doesn't matter if you have same name on multiple accounts or different ones.

Port info has its own form to fill ensure the info is correct on there that's all.

Don't forget to use your referral code on your wife's account.

@KMD77 wrote:

I had two phones on my account with Virgin Mobile.

I ported over my phone today with no issues.

I now want to bring over my wife's phone.

Both phones were on my account with Virgin. Since I need to setup a separate account for my wife with PM, will I have an issue with porting her number over. I read on this site that only the account holder can port an existing number. I am the account holder with Virgin but she will be the account holder with PM.

The fact that the names are different is fine. When filling out the porting form, you need to make sure that your name as the Virgin account holder is used on the number portability form, but the name on the Public Mobile account can be anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.