cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate public mobile sim in abroad(thailand)

moezaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a canadian phone number with public mobile plan. Unsure if this allows me to send/receive SMS messages to/from international numbers whilst I am abroad? How can i activate my number? I dont care the cost. Pls and thx

5 REPLIES 5

@esjliv 

FYI

Writing that there are "no services with Public Mobile outside North America", while correct, may imply to some that they may receive public mobile services within North America.

There are almost two dozen countries within North America - only 2 can.

🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@moezaw   You cannot even you want to pay

You still need to send and receive text?  get a VoIP app like TextNow,   You will pick a new Canadian phone number and people can call you and text you just like a real phone.  You just need to make sure you have Wifi or Mobile Data.    Yes, your friends need to keep track of your new number, but it works, and FREE 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@moezaw 

Sorry, you can only text to and from Canada and USA.

The only option is using WhatsApp through wifi or purchase a local SIM in Thailand.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The ONLY countries you can use Public Mobile services are in CANADA and the USA. (with a roaming add-on enabled)

However, @moezaw , you can text and receive texts from ANYWHERE in the world while you are in Canada.

That's something, i guess...

(EDIT:   you can download a texting app when away to 'text' if you wish to do so in another country.   best to do some research on which ones are best for the area(s) you'll be in.)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@moezaw All in-market plans only work whilst you are in Canada.

If you are in USA there are 10 day Roaming addons to purchase.

But, no services with Public Mobile outside North America (including Thailand), sorry.

Need Help? Let's chat.