cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspension

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have a friend who is considering the Public Mobile service.  He takes long vacations (6 months or more) from time to time and would like to take advantage of the generous account suspension feature.  Before recommending the service, I just want to clarify that the 89 day reactivation time limit applies to all plans, including the 30 day and 10 day plans.  Upon reactivation say with a 10 day plan, does that reset the suspension clock and another 89 days becomes available?  Thanks in advance for your input.

17 REPLIES 17

sarah88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the website of new plans you gave me, I couldn't be able to find the plan I used to use, which is $19 per month, unlimited talk, no text no data. Can you show me where I can find that plan? Also, I am interested in some 10-day plan, please show me the link.

Besides, for all these new plans, does the 90 day rule of reactive still apply? 

Thanks

Once your account get suspended your old number also get permanent suspended. I know because it happened with me in past with fm I was out of country for over 90 days and then lost my 9 years old premium number. And had to reactivate a sim with new plan n number.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

sarah88

Thank you. But I want to get back my old phone number, is there any way I can do or you can help? 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sarah88,

thank you for reaching out to us !

After 90 days of non-payment, the account becomes automatically deactivated without the possibility of reactivating. You will need to order a new sim card here: https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

I also invite you to visit our website to browse our new plans:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

I hope this helps 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

sarah88
Hi, my plan has been suspended for more than 90 days since March 23rd. Now I am not able to login in my account to reactivate it. Is there any way you can help me to reactivate my plan please?

Sorry after 90 days its get canceled. And since its been a while
even if you contact mod i think they won't reactivate either but there s alway a maybe
Try sending private msg let's see maybe they will help you
Send a private message with your ph#, and your email mod and they will get back to you when they can. 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

sarah88

Hi, my account has been suspended for more than 90 days since March 23rd. Now I am not able to login my account to pay and reactivate it.

Is there any way you can help me to reactive my plan please? 

@NDesai wrote:
@will13am When in suspended status and if he wants to change his plan, he will need to contant mods. One can change plan only on active status.

Thanks for noting that.  The plan would be to future date a switch to the short term plan just prior to vacation and then reactivate to a 30/90 day plan or do another short term plan stint as necessary to bridge the vacation period.  This account suspension feature is really good for retirees who have the luxury of taking long vacations from time to time and not have to pay full price for service that won't see any use.

@will13am When in suspended status and if he wants to change his plan, he will need to contant mods. One can change plan only on active status.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Glad I could help =D

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes, the same suspension rule re-applies. So if he re-activates his 10 day plan and it expires again, he will have 90 days to top it up ! @will13am

Mary

Thx for updating Mary

@Mary_M wrote:

The 90 day rule applies to every plan. Let's say your friend activates a 10 day plan on March 1st and it expires on March 10th - well he will have 90 days from March 10th to top up before his account deactivates. If he activated a 30 day plan on March 1st and it expires on March 31st, he will have 90 days from that day to make a payment, and so on. 

Does this reassure you better ? 🙂 @will13am

Cheers,

Mary

Thanks Mary!  To answer the second part of my question, once the account is reactivated, does the same suspension rules apply again?  There's no abuse filter?  He may need a second suspension after reactivating.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The 90 day rule applies to every plan. Let's say your friend activates a 10 day plan on March 1st and it expires on March 10th - well he will have 90 days from March 10th to top up before his account deactivates. If he activated a 30 day plan on March 1st and it expires on March 31st, he will have 90 days from that day to make a payment, and so on. 

Does this reassure you better ? 🙂 @will13am

Cheers,

Mary

Ok

I am looking for a more definitive answer than that unfortunately.  I don't want to tell my friend something that is inaccurate and then he ends up losing his phone number.  

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I believe it's a same rule either 10 days 30 or 90 days you still get 90 days to reactive suspending or past due plan
Need Help? Let's chat.