cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended

Rtf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account got suspended the day after payment was due.  No warning text or anything to let me know my account wasn't active. There was a problem with my card, I could have and did solve the card problem in 5 minutes but I still lost a customer who called while my account suspended. I only knew about this when I called to ask why he hadn't reach out. It turns out he called and texted many times this morning but could get through. I would appreciate if Public Mobile at least give you warning and a 48 hrs grace period to solve any issues.  

7 REPLIES 7

Rtf

I have auto pay it has always worked except this time. I'm not intentionally not paying but things happen and it would nice to be aware when the phone is not working so I have a chance to fix the issue. The phone is a valuable tool not only a toy. 

Rtf

I have auto pay it has always worked except this time. I'm not intentionally not paying but things happen and it would nice to be aware when the phone is not working so I have a chance to fix the issue. The phone is a valuable tool not only a toy. 

Rtf

Yes I have service. Thanks 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rtf 

Yes, unfortunately Autopay  could fail occasionally.  We used to  get a text confirming the account is renewing and renewed, but those texts are no more.

It might be best to make a manual payment to load enough fund into My Account for renewal a day or two before renewal to assure uninterrupted service.

And you are back with service now?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Rtf wrote:

My account got suspended the day after payment was due.  No warning text or anything to let me know my account wasn't active. There was a problem with my card, I could have and did solve the card problem in 5 minutes but I still lost a customer who called while my account suspended. I only knew about this when I called to ask why he hadn't reach out. It turns out he called and texted many times this morning but could get through. I would appreciate if Public Mobile at least give you warning and a 48 hrs grace period to solve any issues.  

@Rtf , I have all my bill due date reminders setup on my phone’s calendar to remind me a week in advance & notified again in 2 days using a notification pop up with sounds! Otherwise I will not remember in time before any of them are due!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

All those warnings seized to be sent by SMS sometimes in April 2023.

Contact agent and suggest PM re-implements them. I am missing them too... (your account is due.... thank you for payment... etc.).

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If payment is not made, your account will be suspended on the day of renewal. Unlike other providers, unless you pay the bill your services will not renew or work until you make the payment. 

Have you tried adding Available Funds to your Account using a different card or possibly a Payment Voucher?

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/funds/card

Need Help? Let's chat.