cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended after changing phone plan

Silverz51
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I scheduled my phone plan to change a couple weeks back on my renewal date. However, the credit card associated with my account was compromised and I was issued a new one. I entered the new card info today to make a payment and the system is considering my account a new account. My account won't take the payment from my new card and is saying my amount due is only $10, as opposed to the $40 it should be. On my dad's account, the $2 friend referral that he has been getting from my account for years now has suddenly disappeared. I have had no access to any phone services since this happened earlier today. I have tried restarting my phone after topping up my account with $1 (it was formerly at $4 and said I needed an additional $6, which I added to my account, making my current balance $11 after adding the $1). How do I resolve this issue with my account in order to get my new plan to activate, as well as the rewards for my dad's account.

18 REPLIES 18

Silverz51

@gblackma It seems it has. I'm just hoping that I won't run into any autopay problems next month.

@Silverz51 did your plan change to the new one? Thanks.

Silverz51

Go figure, the solution to my problem was as simple as loading up my balance to over $40. Thank you all so much for your responses I greatly appreciate it. Stay safe.

Actually @Silverz51 FYI there was moderator confirmation that lost/ stolen trick problem  was fixed and would no longer effect your rewards.

Silverz51

@Dunkman I read about the lost/stolen phone trick and I think I'll wait to see if I get another response from a moderator before trying it. I read it can mess up your rewards cycle so I'd rather wait before trying it out. Thanks for the recommendation though.

@Silverz51 

As stated before by others, you may need to wait for moderator help.  

If you want to try something, you could load up to $40.  See whether that would activate.  If that does not activate your plan, you could try the lost/stolen phone trick to activate.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

[Bolding added for emphasis..... Luddite]

Silverz51

@Luddite Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon but thank you for the advice, I'll look into it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Silverz51 Have a look at the apps/services from Fongo and TextNow. Free calling/texting on wifi; great no cost backup for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Silverz51

@Dunkman this is what my overview and transaction history pages look like, as well as what appears on my "make a payment" page. Once again, thank you everyone for your replies.Make a payment.PNG
Transaction_History.PNG

edited by computergeek541: referral code removed

@Silverz51 you may have to wait for them to straighten it out I know it's difficult but you need to be patient at this point good luck 

@Silverz51 just wait for moderator help then. We have no access to your account. Stay safe 

Silverz51

@gblackma @RossN I created an online ticket before I created this post and a moderator had gotten back to me however, I am still waiting for his response after explaining my situation.In terms of paying the full amount, it keeps saying that the amount due on my account is $10 instead of the $40 cost of my plan. I can manually add funds to my account to $40 but it says I have enough funds in my balance to pay for my plan but will never let me pay it.

@Silverz51 

The renewal process probably messed up because you were changing plans and there were credit card issues. 

If you feel comfortable, screenshot your overview page and payment history page.  Omit any personal information.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Silverz51 

Normally Change plan when account is suspended

Add sufficient funds for new plan to your account, then click Change Plan and activate immediately.

But I think you are special as the suspension occurred during a plan change. Suspect you must await the moderators but have look, again, at your account and see if it will allow you to Change Plan immediately. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Silverz51

Thanks for the response, my previous plan was the 2 + 2GB BONUS at 3G Speed with unlimited provincial talk and international text. It was an older plan that is no longer available, and I switched to the $40 for 5GB at 3G speeds plan. I am able to manually load funds but before my account was set up on auto pay. Last time the credit card on my account expired, I simply inputted the new card details and my plan auto renewed within a few minutes.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Silverz51 you would have had to pay the full cost of your plan to get it restarted. You can apply for your rewards by contacting the moderators also reference your dad by phone number and referral code and tell them that he lost your $1 referral because of the credit card. 

Ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

While you wait try these tricks to restart/ reset your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.

20200504_182846.jpg

4. Add $2 through One Time Payment to your account and restart your phone .

Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Silverz51 

More details would be helpful.  What was your original plan?  Which plan were you planning to switch to?  Are you able to manually load funds?  Sometimes when you downgrade your plan, the renewal gets messed up.  

If your account gets suspended, your dad will lose the friend referral which is usually $1 per month.  Once your account gets activated, your dad should get the friend referral back.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Silverz51 hi click on the ? bottom right corner ask simon to speak to a human it will then help you create a ticket to speak with a moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.