cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account refund

Denman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Migrated two accounts.  Service was really bad with incomplete calls and very low 5G service.  Calls failed between public mobile phones rangin from incomplete calls to Error p21. An active call is still in progress errors.

I am looking for a refund on the cancelled accounts, which according to crtc rules, I am allowed within the cooling period and due to the poor service.  Please arrange to have someone contact me a refund both accounts.

6 REPLIES 6

@Denman1   the line "you can cancel your contract" is about postpaid provider with contact you committed.   it basically say you can break the contract within 15 days. Even with that, you still need to pay for the 15 days service, just you can return the phone without penalty and you can break the contract without penalty. 

PM is a prepaid provider, no contract here and hence that does not apply.  

Again, you can message support to confirm , but don't have your hope high

Denman1

Yes, I get that, however the rule applies even if did not purchase a phone.  It says AND return your phone, for those who purchased one.  This is confirmed by crtc.  There is a formal complaint process, so I am filing one now.    The service was only used for a few days, and have not been able to complete most calls or receive them.  Not good and surprised they will not do anything about it to refund.    Disappointing... 

"Now, under the rules of the Wireless Code, you can cancel your contract and return your phone if you’re not happy with it. And you can do this at no cost, within 15 days of your purchase, if you haven’t used more than half of the monthly data specified in your plan."

@Denman1  the full line is about you can return the phone if you are unhappy with the service.  It didn't say you can get service refund

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm

Trial period
You can return your cellphone within 15 days, without penalty, if you are unhappy with your service. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Denman1  PM is prepaid service . No refunds typically . You need to message support and see if there able to make a exception in your case 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

Denman1

It states within 15 days unhappy with the service, not unhappy with the phone.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Denman1  sorry, PM is a prepaid provider and does not provide refund

The CRTC rules are for those with phone purchased with plans, they have 15 days to return the phone.  Also postpaid providers can charge based on number of days used.  With Postpaid, you paid for the next 30 days of service and no refund

You can message support to confirm that , but I am pretty sure you will get the same answer:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.