cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account is made but phone number still needs to be transferred

Cheryl1952
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated through Public Mobile with a sim card and requested the transfer of my phone number. The SMS request to transfer came through, I said "Yes". I changed the sim card to Public Mobile before the phone number got transferred. Now I have the Public Mobile account activated, without being able to change the phone number to my current number. I put the old sim card back in from Bell. It still works. How do I transfer the phone number now when the account is activated? What do I do? 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Cheryl1952 wrote:

I activated through Public Mobile with a sim card and requested the transfer of my phone number. The SMS request to transfer came through, I said "Yes". I changed the sim card to Public Mobile before the phone number got transferred. Now I have the Public Mobile account activated, without being able to change the phone number to my current number. I put the old sim card back in from Bell. It still works. How do I transfer the phone number now when the account is activated? What do I do? 

@Cheryl1952  -

Cell ports take 2-3 hours to complete.

Landline ports take 3+ days to complete.

Which did you do, and when did you activate?

If you are over this time period that is when you contact Public Mobile or call the Porting Phone number.

Things to do to trigger the network while you wait for the port to complete:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheryl1952 : I don't think you need to talk to anybody yet. Just let it finish. When the Bell service stops then you'll know. You might even get a text saying to insert PM SIM. Then turn off the phone, insert the PM SIM and restart.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cheryl1952 

I would recommend you contact PM instead of sending in another porting request. You already did send it through before, and if something isn't quite right, self serve will not fix it for you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cheryl1952 

You can prompt the phone number port through your self-serve account if you were assigned a different number upon the activation.

Click on the Change Number option.

You might also wish to try  https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cheryl1952 

I am sending you a private message with a number to call. Look out for it on the top right corner (the envelope icon).

Need Help? Let's chat.