cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account is locked out when I tried to port my number to another provider

HeatherHanley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve tried porting my number to another provider, and Public locked my account.  The IMEI is fed back as incorrect, and I can’t log in to my account to get my account number.  I can’t do anything and I’m unable to talk to a human who can help me!!!

7 REPLIES 7

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi   

Thanks for getting in touch! I'll check at the account and see what I can do to help.

Public Mobile must first get your account validated in order to safeguard our users' privacy.

Let us first know the phone number, please. 

Please respond to three or more of the following inquiries:

- the total and date of the most recent payment

- the credit card's last four digits 

- the account number for Public Mobile;

- the email address listed on the account; 

- the home address and postal code listed on the account.

In order for me to provide you with the best support, I would also appreciate it if you could give me some information about the circumstance.

Regards,

CS_Agent Denise

@HeatherHanley 

Tickets need to be opened by either using the chatbot or using the Public Mobile app, and not by sending a private message.  The way that this information was prompted for here is actually one of the reasons why the official ticketing system should be used.

HeatherHanley

pm

@HeatherHanley wrote:

I’ve logged in under a different account to contact customer service.  Will they try to reach out via my actual account, which I can’t access?   As soon as I issued the request to port my account was locked.   It’s not a password error or too many attempts.  So I’m stuck. 

@HeatherHanley 

Yes, CSA should be able to access that account.  You will need to provide some verifying information.

It also looks like CS_Agent has posted here on this thread.  Do not answer their questions on this thread, since it is public information.  Respond to CS_Agent via private message. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi   

Thanks for getting in touch! I'll check at the account and see what I can do to help.

Public Mobile must first get your account validated in order to safeguard our users' privacy.

Let us first know the phone number, please. 

Please respond to three or more of the following inquiries:

- the total and date of the most recent payment

- the credit card's last four digits 

- the account number for Public Mobile;

- the email address listed on the account; 

- the home address and postal code listed on the account.

In order for me to provide you with the best support, I would also appreciate it if you could give me some information about the circumstance.

Regards,

CS_Agent Denise

HeatherHanley

I’ve logged in under a different account to contact customer service.  Will they try to reach out via my actual account, which I can’t access?   As soon as I issued the request to port my account was locked.   It’s not a password error or too many attempts.  So I’m stuck. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HeatherHanley 

Do you have the correct password?  If you are locked out after too many attempts. you can wait one hour to try again.  The website is finicky.  You could try to clear cache, incognito mode or another web browser.  Or try a different device or the app itself. 

If you don't have correct password, you may want to reset the password. 

If still issues, you will need to submit a ticket for customer service agent help.  Click on the chat icon on the right lower corner of website and follow prompts to submit ticket.  It usually will take a few hours to respond to your ticket. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@HeatherHanley , did you try a login using incognito mode or a different browser?  If you are doing a number transfer, I think using IMEI is not good, account number is far more reliable.  In any event, if you are unable to login using incognito mode/different browser, use the chat symbol on the lower right corner to initiate a support ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.