cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account email etc

Lepusjim1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need to transfer suspended account email etc to the new account my wife set up. She did not know why when activating it wouldn't let her put in my email address. So she put in one of her email accounts to activate my new SIM card. Later we realized there is a suspended account under my name. We WERE with Public for a short time but had to leave for a better deal almost 3 months ago. Now we finally got the WiFi we wanted, so to save $ came back to Public. She was able to activate her new SIM card with her email address etc, with no problem. But it would not do so with mine. Seeing as she already paid for the new plan, we don't want to activate the old suspended account and pay twice!

So how do I get the email switched, so I actually can get my emails from public. (And I'll need to do the same for the email here on the community as well). Do I have to wait til mid Oct when the suspended account actually disappears/deletes?

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lepusjim1 

Yes.... basically you will have to wait until that account hits the 90-day mark and gets canceled and deactivated before you be able to reuse the email. But since the username is your old email login and see what day it's on and check your points rewards account to see how many points you have?

You can contact customer support and confirm with them that you can reuse your email once it's not attached to a current account. If that's the case you can change your old accounts email to something else just make a new email for it and that should allow you to then change the email on your current account to your normal email.

Then you can decide if you have enough points to redeem a bill credit to reactivate the suspended account you could then donate the SIM card and the account to someone who can use it? You can remove all the personal information and pay it forward to a family member, a friend, maybe a senior in the neighborhood? Or at the women's shelter?

Contact customer support as supplied by the links in the previous posts.

Edit:

Changing the email of your community account is easy just sign in remove the old email that you intend to reuse replace it with a placeholder email then you can change the email to this account with your old email. Don't forget to verify the email for your community account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lepusjim1   so, your old email address is tied with a suspended account?  Try to use Reset Password there, enter the email address and see if it recognize your old email and send you email to reset password

or you can try to open ticket with CS agent  and they can reset the password for that email address, if it is still suspended and not cancelled

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

First type: "Forgot log in information"
Then Click "Contact Us"
Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

"had to leave"? 🙂

Do you still have the old sim from here? Did you port out your number when you "had to leave"?

What is your evidence that it's merely suspended?

It had been my understanding that fully deactivated accounts can re-use an old email address. But maybe not with the new system.

Need Help? Let's chat.