cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deactivated

Kh_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I am having a real big issue here. My wife and I are on a 90 day plan and both paid with my credit card but on different cycle date. I didn’t realize my credit card has expired and public mobile didn’t renew the new expiry date so my wife’s plan has expired. The problem is since our plan is 90 days and we pay every 90 days, when my card didn’t go through, Public Mobile took it as a non payment for the entire 90 days and seems like they completely deactivated my wife’s account. If I am on a regular 30 day plan and I went without service for the entire 90 days then I understand. I am confuse and frustrated on how the same policy applies to us 90 day plan user, it seems like we have 0 tolerance and if our card didn’t go through due to some technical issue, our account will be completely wiped. I have send 2 PM to @CS_Agent and @Andu_S on Sat but seems like since it’s the long weekend I haven’t gotten a reply yet. So I will have to post here to see if there’s any advice. It will be a real shame to lose the number as it’s been my wife’s number for 20 year +.

Thanks everyone.

23 REPLIES 23

@darlicious...now I see it  My mistake...I was focused only on PM failure but that wasn't the case after all. Thanks for pointing me in the corrected direction.  🤓

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kh_ wrote:

Hi all,

I am having a real big issue here. My wife and I are on a 90 day plan and both paid with my credit card but on different cycle date. I didn’t realize my credit card has expired and public mobile didn’t renew the new expiry date so my wife’s plan has expired. The problem is since our plan is 90 days and we pay every 90 days, when my card didn’t go through, Public Mobile took it as a non payment for the entire 90 days and seems like they completely deactivated my wife’s account. If I am on a regular 30 day plan and I went without service for the entire 90 days then I understand. I am confuse and frustrated on how the same policy applies to us 90 day plan user, it seems like we have 0 tolerance and if our card didn’t go through due to some technical issue, our account will be completely wiped. I have send 2 PM to @CS_Agent and @Andu_S on Sat but seems like since it’s the long weekend I haven’t gotten a reply yet. So I will have to post here to see if there’s any advice. It will be a real shame to lose the number as it’s been my wife’s number for 20 year +.

Thanks everyone.

@hairbag1 

I unlocked and turned my tablet horizontal just for you!😃

@darlicious...can't see where this was a expired credit card issue.

@hairbag1 

How is not updating your credit card expiry date the autopay system going awry?

@Kh_ 

I'm happy to hear you are back up and running. You Don't have to worry about your credit card expiry for another 5 years but maybe put a reminder in your calendar for Canada Day 2026 to update your credit card expiry dates on your accounts here, there and everywhere....

If you know you intend to make any change in your account follow this protocol:

1. Clear your browser. ( or use a different one.)
  2. Reboot your device. (or switch devices.)
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Firefox, chrome, safari or edge work best.

This helps prevent error messages, blank pages, glitches and the endless circle of death.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Kh_ wrote:

Hey guys. It worked now. For the entire weekend I’ve been seeing the “your account has been deactivated due to to non-payment and your number will be lost. New SIM card is needed for new account activation” and the entire amount owing is blanked out, not $0. But today logging in for the first time, the message has changed to “your account has been suspended due to non-payment and you have until December 3rd to pay” with the amount owing the correct amount. 

Yes, PM messages are not always helpful and more of the anxiety-inducing kind!

@Kh_ wrote:

Hey guys. It worked now. For the entire weekend I’ve been seeing the “your account has been deactivated due to to non-payment and your number will be lost. New SIM card is needed for new account activation” and the entire amount owing is blanked out, not $0. But today logging in for the first time, the message has changed to “your account has been suspended due to non-payment and you have until December 3rd to pay” with the amount owing the correct amount. 

just wanted to say thanks to everyone as it has been a hectic weekend with my wife fearing of losing her number completely. I’ve made the payment and it seems to go through, now just waiting for my wife to restart her phone. Thanks again everyone 

Glad to hear you got it working.

This is another good example for PM to analyze where the "Autopay" feature goes awry far too often.

@Andu_S 

@Kh_  glad it works.

your own service was suspended as well?  if so, follow the same steps and it should work.

Kh_

just wanted to say thanks to everyone as it has been a hectic weekend with my wife fearing of losing her number completely. I’ve made the payment and it seems to go through, now just waiting for my wife to restart her phone. Thanks again everyone 

Kh_

Let me try that. Thanks for the walkthrough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kh_ 

if you stuck with Browser or not working right,

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser and incognito mode,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Kh_ wrote:

I can still log in to my account and but where they show amount owing it’s blank. Also when I try to pay any amount, it will just show an error not going through. I tried using another credit card already. Sorry guys I’m currently on a trip and in the middle of checking out. Really appreciate you guys commenting.

If you have problem with the website, try using another browser or Incognito mode.

Kh_

Thanks let me try that. But the amount owing is currently blank and before when I tried to make any payment it shows an error and didn’t go through. But I will try both of your method. Thanks.

@Kh_   90 days service.. last payment date was June and service stopped on 4th, it's ok

You service was just suspended but you can still logon, so, it's just a payment issue at the moment.    No worry, just  logon to My Account,  go to Payment Tab and select One Time payment

try with Amount due first  to see if it works

if not, try "Other" and manually enter the plan amount + $1 extra

softech_0-1629729392297.png

Once payment gone through, check if "Reactivate current plan " button is there and click it

Then logoff My Account and reboot your phone, it should be good

Kh_

Let me try that again, but I’ve tried that multiple times throughout the day once my wife lost her service. Thanks for commenting.

@Kh_...can you try dialing 611 to get current plan status. You can also pay using your on file valid cc. ...you will need you PIN number handy.

Kh_

Sorry but I don’t think that’s correct. My last payment was in June, and my wife’s plan ends on sept 4th and that’s the day she started losing her entire service. It was working fine before sept 4th.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kh_ : Choose Other in the payment and get the balance up to your plan cost. Being able to login means you have not been deactivated. The Amount Due is a bit buggy.

Kh_

I can still log in to my account and but where they show amount owing it’s blank. Also when I try to pay any amount, it will just show an error not going through. I tried using another credit card already. Sorry guys I’m currently on a trip and in the middle of checking out. Really appreciate you guys commenting.

Kh_

Then there must be an issue with my account as it wouldn’t allow me to make any manual payment nor does it show any amount owing. The only thing I can see is the credit I have from reward ($18) and the message saying my account will be deactivated and will lose my number after 90 day of non payment. My wife’s plan ends on sept 4th and that’s the day she lost everything, it was usable on sept 3rd before.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kh_   you still had 90 days AFTER the day of the non-payment, 90 days from the day you had no service,   to reactivate the plan.  So, were you aware of no service on both your phone for the last 90 days? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kh_ 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$ !

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount: $ ! + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Kh_ wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks everyone.

If the account is really deactivated, there is really no other choice than wait for replies from Customer Service.

Can you still login to the account? If yes, what kind of messages do you see? Can you try to make a payment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kh_ : If you miss a payment then the account goes into suspension. If you don't renew for 90 days then the account will deactivate.

It sounds like the account has merely suspended. Make a manual payment to get your balance up to your plan cost and it should renew.

Need Help? Let's chat.