cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account creation for customers

George40
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have been using my Public Mobile number over a year and until now I don't have an account by Public Mobile. When I bought my Public Mobile number, it was activated in the store. I didn't create an account, just started to use it. Later I tried to create it, but the Support Agent said me, that there is no such opportunity for those, who already use their numbers; this opportunity will come later. So the Agent pre-authorized my credit card and I continue to use my number further. But now my credit card is not valid anymore and I need to change the pre-authorization to a different credit card number. So now I would like to manage my subscriptions, credit cards etc. without needing constant help. I downloaded the Public Mobile App and tried to create an account, but there I have to first select a subscription, after that select a SIM... I don't need it, I have already a plan and a SIM, but I can't skip these questions. So can you help me to create an account? My plan is about to end and I won't be able to call anymore, so I need your help. Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@GeorgeKaz1 

You're welcome. There is often a new round of CSA's who learn as they go and base their answers on the pm policy book and whatever training references they have accìess to...? So  when presented with your issue they have nothing to refer to since both the ability for a customer to activate in store and finish the self serve account creation online on the pm website was removed on July 13th 2022. Then on May 25th of this year pm overhauled our accounts again and eversafe was introduced which keeps the support team busy as it is.

Many of the regular community members have been customers for years and been thru every reincarnation of public mobile or they are curious folk who take the time to test out theories, hidden features, glitches and troubleshooting to share with other members.

Reaching out in the community first so you can deal with customer support with the your eyes wide open will make for a much more pleasant interaction with the CSA.

GeorgeKaz1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for such a detailed answer! 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@George40 

Ok well that's kind of a good thing.....so have you been able to access your wife's account and update the card info there? If so in a weird way you have likely solved your initial issue.

To explain....

Basically pm has always been one email, one Sim card, one account. So normally once the email was used to create an account the activation portal would not allow a second account to be created using the same email (although an email address could be used). But your timeline of an in store activation also falls within the period of time that pm had removed one of the activation portal's failsafes that customer's complained about. This coupled with a poorly trained retail employee allowed for the activation of 2 Sim cards and accounts existing under the same email address. Since you never bothered finish it's creation by choosing a password, pin # etc... you never noticed that one of the accounts could not be accessed. If you had you likely would have blocked access to your wife's account.

The email can only have one password to access the self serve account. A second password creation would override the first blocking access to that account. But your credit card has been registered to pay both your account and your wife's? Or just yours? This is where I am questioning the support you have recieved from the CSA. Was it ever mentioned that your account and your wife's share an email address? 

You require the help of a senior CSA or possibly a supervisor or maybe management since the introduction of eversafe has significantly changed the way accounts are created and verified and additional limitations have been put on the abilities of CSA's to access accounts and make changes on behalf of customers. Previously a CSA would need to create a new self serve account using a different email address that you would supply to them. A new 4 digit account pin # would be added and a password reset sent to you to create a password and so on.....not all of this can be done by CSA's with eversafe.

Obviously the CSA"s you have dealt with previously didn't recognize the signs that your issue was more than just an unfinished creation of a singular self serve account. Contact customer support and send as best of an explanation or better yet a link to this thread to explain the issue and ask for a senior CSA to handle your support request if they are not one as a senior CSA will know what can and cannot be fixed by them and who to talk to that can fix it. Otherwise there will be a lot of wasted time asking repetitive questions back and forth to just eventually get your support request escalated to the right department or support team member. 

For good measure I will tag the community manager @J_PM  to hopefully get their attention who may intervene to ensure your private message asking for support is answered by the right person capable of creating your new account with a new email address that is not your wife's and may or may not need to be different from this community account's email. So have an extra one up your sleeve to  supply  to the CSA if needed.

Use the link below to send a private message and include the info you supplied previously to support like your name and phone number to identify your "account", a brief explanation of the issue and a link to this thread for a full description. If you are struggling with the CSA to grasp the concept of your issue and require more advice post in your thread or even private message me for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And here's the link to this post in particular but the CSA may need to read the entire thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Account-creation-for-customers/td-p/10796...

Good Luck !

George40

I don't remember exactly what the seller did, but he asked for an email, and the wife gave hers for both numbers and the seller did not say that two addresses were needed. After that, the wife created one account for her, but I didn't, I thought, I can make it later.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@George40 

OK we have hit an issue.....

But to explain.....you do have an account as it was set up during activation instore but to finish its creation and allow you access you were supposed to come here and login using your email and phone number to recieve a 6 digit alphanumeric code texted to your phone number. Once verified you could choose a password and 4 digit account pin #. This would finish the account creation and allow login.

So when you were activated in store the clerk was able to create both your wife's and your accounts using the same email address?

George40

If you are shortchanged for time before renewal then purchase a voucher for payment via 611 on your phone to keep active service. More info on alternative methods of payment can be found here....

Thank you so much!!

George40

Yes, there was email from my wife. And I have proof of purchase.

George40

• When you created your community account did you use the same email address as your public mobile account?

I don't have public mobile account, that is why I am here. To create a community account you don't need to have pm account.

Yes, I have already created my eversafe ID. Then I got the code via email. Next step - it says me to activate my card. I entered my card number and guess what? Invalid number. Of course, because my number has already been activated a long time ago. When I bought pm, I bought it with my wife and there was her email for both pm, that time it was not a problem. Thank you all for your replies...

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

The OP has already had access to the account via customer support so that info should be known and accessible.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Thank you.

@George40 

OK so if you can answer as above you should be good to create your eversafe ID.

• When you created your community account did you use the same email address as your public mobile account?
  • If yes did it prompt you to enter a phone # to be sent a 2FA code for verification?
  • If so did you use your pm phone #?

If you answered yes to all of the above you may have already created your eversafe ID. Try to log into your self serve account by going up to the top right of your screen and click on the 3 lines.

• Choose login.
  • Choose "my account".  This will bring up the eversafe login page for your account.
  • Enter your email. If you make a mistake clear the whole line and start over.
  • Then enter your password.....clear the whole line and start over if you make any mistakes (even hitting the space bar or backspace requires a do over or you will get the email/password doesn't match error message).
  • Use the "see" icon to ensure no mistakes were made with your password or email.
  • Then confirm and see if eversafe sends you the 2FA code via text message to your phone number.
  • If it does enter it and check the box for trusted device and confirm.
  • If this works you will be asked to verify your self serve account by sending you a one time only secondary verification code to enter. Once this is confirmed you will have access to your self serve account. 

You can update your payment card on the subscriptions page by clicking on the arrow either at the bottom left side or top right corner. ( depending on your browser)

• Once on the subscriptions page choose manage your subscription to update your card.
  • Take your time entering the details and like the login....clear the entire line if you make a typo.
  • Make sure you have already activated your card or used it for a PIN # transaction.
  • If you get 2 error can't process messages you must wait one hour before trying again. Don't try more than times with the same card in a 24 hour period.

If you are shortchanged for time before renewal then purchase a voucher for payment via 611 on your phone to keep active service. More info on alternative methods of payment can be found here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/m-p/9...

If you don't answer yes to the initial questions or require guidance please respond here for us to lend a helping hand to navigate the set up of your self serve account.

@maximum_gato wrote:

@George40 

In absence of @BKNS27 reply to my question and the response from the CSA you chatted with it makes sense. I'm just surprised this is the first I've heard of it. Just to confirm....

1. You currently have active service?
  2. Your renewal is not tonight?
  3. You can recieve texts on your phone?
  4. You know your email address of your pm account and can access it?
  5. The email address is not an email alias or has ever been used for an account previously with public mobile?

@maximum_gato , since the phone service was setup in store the Rep may not have used an email address that belonged to @George40 for the account. Which has happened to other Customers! So may not know the email address & password for it!

Shouldn't there be some form of proof of purchase though with information on it from the Rep?

We won’t know more until this person comes back to read these messages! 😔 

@maximum_gato 

Sorry, getting dinner ready before the Canucks game.

As far as I was informed from my friend.

1- Yes

2- He created an ID not near his renewal date
3- Yes, if the account is active/subscribed

4- He used the email and password as per his registered account

5- Not sure

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@George40 

In absence of @BKNS27 reply to my question and the response from the CSA you chatted with it makes sense. I'm just surprised this is the first I've heard of it. Just to confirm....

1. You currently have active service?
  2. Your renewal is not tonight?
  3. You can recieve texts on your phone?
  4. You know your email address of your pm account and can access it?
  5. The email address is not an email alias or has ever been used for an account previously with public mobile?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Wow really? Creating the eversafe ID will finish the creation of a self serve account from a retail activation?

@George40 

Hold on let me clarify with @BKNS27 so we can set you the right path to avoid any possible errors from occurring.

George40

Thanks for trying to help me, but like I said, after Sign up I have to choose a subscription plan, that I don't need. How can your friend skip this?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@George40 

My friend was in the same boat and he didn’t need to access his account since he joined PM 2 years ago. He activated his SIM at London Drugs back then.

I indicated that he created a Eversafe ID and he is now up and running.

Click on Sign Up on your app.

IMG_0110.png

Need Help? Let's chat.