cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account PIN question

electronus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a SIM card from Amazon for 5CAD and activated it for my friend with my referral code.

As a part of activation I also assigned an account pin for my friend and noted it.

I haven't got that referral either my friend haven't got his $10.

Contacted mods and get all stuff resolved.

BUT! During resolution process mods rejected my pin for friend's account, saying that's current pin on that account is different.

How come I got it setup by myself, and I am sure it was entered correctly.

Got to reset it, which id funny.

Could it be that's sim card seller assigned a different pin before selling it to me, and that's why it was different?

13 REPLIES 13

@electronus wrote:

Pin issue resolved. Ref issue resolved as well - manually.

I let mods know that's I entered it and it was not registered properly

@electronus 

I am not sure I followed this 100%, but let me chime in. 

It sounds like you go it all figured out with Customer Support Agents, from this latest post, I think - so that's good!

Firstly, are all services working ok, on this new account?

My first thought, was to check under the "Change Sim Card" area in Self Serve under this new account, and make sure the last 4 digits of the SIM card that was activated match what is listed there.

Just to be sure.

If so, great.

If not, please report back.

electronus

Pin issue resolved. Ref issue resolved as well - manually.

I let mods know that's I entered it and it was not registered properly

@electronus wrote:

We figured all out, it's just a post mortem why it happened that way.

Well, We reset PIN using community login.

So, the PIN issue is not resolved?

Mods said my ref never been used to activate that account, while I activated it by my self and used my referral

If you did enter it, let the Mod knows.  Some people forgotten to enter the  code and the Mod can apply it back after.  So, if you are certain you entered it, then ask again nicely and they should be able to help.

electronus

I activated it 13 Sep and porting went well in less than 1 hour.

electronus

We figured all out, it's just a post mortem why it happened that way.

Well, We reset PIN using community login.

Referral did not appeared in my accout nor 10$ in fiends account in 30+ days.

Mods said my ref never been used to activate that account, while I activated it by my self and used my referral

@electronus wrote:

BTW it was a number port type of activation. Could it be the reason why it went south?

PIN is associatted wtih your account, not the phone number.

@electronus wrote:

BTW it was a number port type of activation. Could it be the reason why it went south?

The pin and referral issue both would have no relationship to porting or not.  Once the account is activated, the PIN should be there and referral bonus should be there within 72 hours

For porting .. was the porting completed?  Can your friend receive incoming calls on his PM SIM now?

@electronus   Account PIN which you setup on the first page of activation is used for account verification wtih PM support , like the situation you are at.    It is also used when you are using *611, some of the functions there require account PIN

I suggest you try *611 and try enabling and disabling Autopay , which is a function require the 4 digit PIN.  If you can enable or disable Autopay without problem using the PIN, then you got the correct PIN, else, it's wrong

I also suggest you have your friend to open a ticket with PM and to reset the PIN first.  After PIN is reset, go back and open anther ticket and work on the missing referral code.   

BTW, the referral code, you should it on your account on the same day but your friend would see the $10 credit  within 72 hours.   So, you might want to wait if it has not been 72 hours yet

electronus

electronus

I got you. But still looking for plausible explanation of what I observed.

If it goes that way, then level of trust to the referral system might be lowered, since I wasted 3 days to bring all thing to the proper state and wonder what could be the real root cause.

Cheers

@electronus wrote:

All the time I was talking about account pin, not a pin1 of a sim card.

If you go to activate.publicmobile.ca on the very first page of it you can enter account pin and selfserve credentials. So my question is: could it be that's seller did it at the first page, assigned pin, but never actually finished the process?

Also it was weird, since mods haven't seen my referral code on that sim, along with totally wrong pin. I asked them three times about pin, and they checked it 3 times - it was not matching with the pin I used during activation process.

Smells beefy, and I want to know it was either web site glitch or should I avoid buying PM sims outside of official stores?

At first I was confused by your post and made an adjustment a few seconds later to my response.  Either way, SIM card PIN and account PIN are unrelated.  As I was saying, what you're concerned about simply isn't possible. An account PIN cannot be assigned until a Public Mobile account has been activated.  Since you activated the account, the seller of the SIM card could not have set a PIN. There's no such thing as a partial activation.

electronus

All the time I was talking about account pin, not a pin1 of a sim card.

If you go to activate.publicmobile.ca on the very first page of it you can enter account pin and selfserve credentials. So my question is: could it be that's seller did it at the first page, assigned pin, but never actually finished the process?

Also it was weird, since mods haven't seen my referral code on that sim, along with totally wrong pin. I asked them three times about pin, and they checked it 3 times - it was not matching with the pin I used during activation process.

Smells beefy, and I want to know it was either web site glitch or should I avoid buying PM sims outside of official stores?

@electronus wrote:

Got a SIM card from Amazon for 5CAD and activated it for my friend with my referral code.

As a part of activation I also assigned an account pin for my friend and noted it.

I haven't got that referral either my friend haven't got his $10.

Contacted mods and get all stuff resolved.

BUT! During resolution process mods rejected my pin for friend's account, saying that's current pin on that account is different.

How come I got it setup by myself, and I am sure it was entered correctly.

Got to reset it, which id funny.

Could it be that's sim card seller assigned a different pin before selling it to me, and that's why it was different?

An account PIN cannot be setup before an account has been activated  A mistake was made by either you or the CSA.

Need Help? Let's chat.