cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account History

jon5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number away some time ago but I'm looking to find a call record I made while my line was active. Is this possible?

11 REPLIES 11

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There could very well still be call detail records in the backend even with a closed acct. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just curious, what made you port out?

@jon5 

Depending on how often you called the number it could be in your call history. I have lots of one off numbers still in my phone from freedom over a year ago. Start with the area code and go from there.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@jon5,

• On your phone, there should be call logs that have your calling history
  • Since Public Mobile is a sister company to Telus, (hopefully, Public Mobile does the same. For Telus Mobility users), the history for your texts and data stays online for 3 months and details every text you sent or received during that time period. This can help you track down information on lost texts or important contacts. After the 3 months, it's gone forever

I know some companies do not provide incoming call logs because of Canadian privacy regulations. 

@popping    I just inserted my SIM into my old phone and it shows all the call history available, including calls made when I was with a different provider.  So it should work for OP if that is what he needs.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jon5 

After your account was closed, you cannot login to your self-serve any more.  But your phone still have your call history.

jon5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jon5  If you are using a Google or Apple account you should need able to check your call history online. Public would not be able to help you.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jon5   Yes as mentioned your account is deactivated and you will not be able to access anything.  I'm not sure if moderators will be able to help but it's worth a try.

If you are looking for a particular caller or number, can you not view your phone's call log?  That is if you haven't changed phones since porting out, of course

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@jon5 wrote:

I ported my number away some time ago but I'm looking to find a call record I made while my line was active. Is this possible?

Contact a moderator for assistance. They may be able to help you out.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No @jon5  once you ported, you closed the account. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.