cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Confirmation

Jay04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently switched to PM and followed all the prompts for an eSIM.  I can no longer send/recieve SSM or text messages and cannot access the 6-digit activation code.  Please help.

19 REPLIES 19

Jay04

I am still unable to recieve the 6-digit code for full access because I can't recieve text messages.  I contacted Apple, they say its a carrier issue.  I will purchase a SIM card at the local Telus store if I can figure out how to do a SIM swap.  Any help?

Jay04

Thanks for the link, we already went through that process without success.

Jay04

Yes, they both seem to work.  More to the story;  I still have the Rogers SIM in my phone.  I was asked to remove it, reset networks and restart my phone.  No change.  Today, I switched off the secondary ?? and I see just the Public Mobile signal at the top.  

Hi @Jay04 

ok, that is a different problem.  

first, voice calls and mobile data work?  if just iPhone activation, it might be an sms problem, check this
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-F...

Jay04

I have an iPhone 8 2020SE.  The problem is that my number isn't attaching to iMessages or FT.  Both appear to be searching and are using my email instead.  So, nobody is able to reach me. 

Hi @Jay04 no, you shouldn't delete your esim and start over. 

it is either an esim setup problem on the phone or a problem on the system

what phone do you have ? you submit a ticket with CS agent yet?

Jay04

I feel like I need to delete my eSIM from PM and start over, but I'm not sure what that process would involve?

Jay04

I contacted Rogers to see if my number ported to PM and they confirmed it did.  They directed me to Apple Support who also agreed that the issue is with PM.  My iMessage and FT are both 'Waiting for Activation' and I cannot complete my PM activiation because I can't recieve a tex message.  
Where do I go from here?

Jay04

Correct

Burlrob

So you replied YES when you got this text massage from Rogers

“Rogers svc msg: We received a request to transfer your wireless number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply YES. To cancel it, simply reply NO. For security reasons, you only have 90 minutes to send us your reply. If you don't answer within this time, the transfer request will automatically be cancelled. Questions? Give us a call at 1-877-327-8503”

Jay04

CS_Agent link takes me to another ticket  

Jay04

When I go into iMessages/Send and Recieve, I have three options; 

My phone number with a search beside it, Primary with a search and my email that has been checked off.  I am not able to set iMessage or Facetime to my number.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jay04 - Just contact CS_Agent to restore it here, do you mean iMessage?

SMS / MMS can be restored here, iMessage has activation issues.

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. * They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Jay04

I wish I could explain it better.  

Jay04

Yes, as far as I know.  I can only send and recieve SSM using my email , not my number.  I was told I may need to call my old service provider to have it restored?

fixin1

@Jay04 - He is just asking if your Rogers SIM card (The little card that gives you cell service) still works.

But outgoing SMS will always work on the number that PM is porting in - even if the port request was denied.

Jay04

Not savy with langage, but I did recieve a message from Rogers approving release of my number to another provider and a welcome from PM immediately following

Burlrob

Were you able to acknowledge the port out  request message from your previous provider?

fixin1

@Jay04 - PM support can do a refresh of your account (You won't lose your number or plan of choice) to get SMS / MMS texts as they are experiencing an issue with that.

⬇️Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. * They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Need Help? Let's chat.