cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally Purchased Add-on

Gav117
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @CS_Agent ,

I recently subscribed to Public Mobile and transferred my old number from Koodo. Upon downloading Public Mobile app, and browsing I clicked on an add-on.

I was expecting to see more information on the add-on, but it was immediately purchased. The add-on was $30 for 3GB data.

As I just subscribed with a 40GB data plan I really do not need this add-on. I would really appreciate it being removed and refunded.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Jeez. I wrote three words and then the link and it got "moderated". wth

@Gav117 wrote:

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I purchased the 40GB 5G Canada-US plans at $50. When I clicked on the add-on there was no prompt and it was immediately added.

It appears in the app under my usage, as well as purchase history.

Is there a better way to get to this issue resolved? I've tried to submit a ticket, but am faced with a 404 error every time.

Unfotuantely, the offcicial company stance is of no refunds. The add-on can be kept for future use.  As for the plan that you have, that plan does not have unlimtied data at reduced speeds, so the add-on purchased is compatible with your plan.  There are no guaratnees, but you can send a private message to CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Bigjay83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Gav117 You can Private Message Customer Support at the following link for assistance:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gav117
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I purchased the 40GB 5G Canada-US plans at $50. When I clicked on the add-on there was no prompt and it was immediately added.

It appears in the app under my usage, as well as purchase history.

Is there a better way to get to this issue resolved? I've tried to submit a ticket, but am faced with a 404 error every time.

@Gav117 wrote:

Hi @CS_Agent ,

I recently subscribed to Public Mobile and transferred my old number from Koodo. Upon downloading Public Mobile app, and browsing I clicked on an add-on.

I was expecting to see more information on the add-on, but it was immediately purchased. The add-on was $30 for 3GB data.

As I just subscribed with a 40GB data plan I really do not need this add-on. I would really appreciate it being removed and refunded.

Thank you

Posting a message here is unlikely to get the attention of a customer support agent.  Posting here is essentially only asking other customers for advice.  Did you take the 40GB 5G plan that also includes unlimited data at reduced speeds? If you did Public Mobiel should not have even allowed the purchase of a data add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.