cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing My Data Add Ons

JeffDoc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Morning,

Due to the storm knocking out power here in PEI, I hit my 5.5 Gig mobile data limit and I'm getting no data whatsoever when I turn off my generator to preserve fuel and my wifi shuts off.  I know my plan renewal tomorrow but I'd rather not buy extra data for a half day if there is data sitting in my account that I can somehow access.  

However, if I understand correctly, I should still have add-on data as shown in my account screen shots.  I'm getting no mobile data on my phone but I don't know how to access these bonus add-ons of data that are unused.  

See the two screen shots below. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks so much!

Jeff

SmartSelect_20220926-115152_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220926-115125_Chrome.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

JeffDoc

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Linda. ❤️

@JeffDoc - if you have data left on your plan can you check other people in the area if they are also having issues?

Check for outages in your area: https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

Cell towers could still be getting affected by the storm. Nearly 40 hours with data not working (phone/text spotty) during and after Fiona for myself, but other areas are hit much harder.

So very sorry for your loss @LindaCain 

@LindaCain    Very sorry for your loss.  

If you've been able to use data before and the APN settings are correct, then first try rebooting your phone if you see available data in your account which may need to be refreshed by clicking the refresh option bottom right of the page or logging into the account with private mode.

HI @LindaCain   

Sorry for your lost.  My condolences

I will clear cache and restart browser and re-login to My Account and confirm if the usage is there.  The site has cache issues and you might not see the real usage without clearing cache

In such situation, if the data is all used up, the quickest way is either to buy data add-ons or change to a different plan using "Change Plan now" so you can get your data working agian

LindaCain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having sort of same issue, I can see 1.6 GB of data but cannot access it. I am desperate ! My mom died last night and I need to connect with family and need info !!!! HELP !!!

611 is just another verification. Did you try a restart? Airplane mode? Maybe also try the sim in another phone.

There are two more suggestions available that I can think of yet but let's exhaust the easy ones.

JeffDoc

No cap in Android settings.  

Tried refresh icons.  Still shows data. 

I'll try 611.

Thanks everyone.  😊

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JeffDoc  Make sure your phone doesn't have a data limiter/stopper when you reach the cap, like some Android phones have. Turn off that in the settings app > connections > data > data usage.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Just for laughs, try those refresh icons too. Maybe try a restart or in and out of airplane mode.

If you know your 4 digit account pin (which can be changed in the account) you could also see what 611 has to say for remaining data.

JeffDoc

I opened in Incognito Mode and logged into my PM account and it shows the same thing.  All my bonus data unused.  I barely use any of my data in a normal month.  Only hit my limit today because of the storm.  I've never come anywhere near my limit before so it makes sense I've never used my bonus data.  Odd that I can't access it.  🤷🏻‍♂️

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JeffDoc , please use incognito mode to recheck your self serve account.  This is a possibility that what you are seeing is an outdated cached version of your account.  It is likely the data add-ons have been consumed.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

First, click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down. Or use private mode. Then see if you have anything left. The site does terrible caching so it might not give you up to date information.

Need Help? Let's chat.