cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T

raisen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Public Mobility payment message is headed by AT&T GoPhone Service Contacts.

Why did this happen and how to fix this.

7 REPLIES 7

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm going with 611 is in your contacts as AT&T. You got a text from 611 which came out as from AT&T due to being in your contacts. Or you have a smart id app or whatever and it decided to declare that the 611 is from AT&T.

Have you ever done business with AT&T? How long have you been with Public?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@raisen    Well, that's unusual.  I know it's normal to suddenly have one of the American carriers suddenly show as the network on the phone sometimes (usually T-Mobile, I believe), especially when close to the border, but haven't heard of anyone receiving a text from the American carriers about their payment so far.  Very odd..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@raisen  you are in USA now or you were in USA when you got the text?

Was it the very first text you got from PM on this phone?  I wonder if PM sent via *611 and you were using AT&T network now and *611 got matched with the name with AT&T GoPhone because you are actually on AT&T network now in US.  

I wonder if you had another text from PM *611 before in Canada, you likely won't get this weird name tagging.

raisen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not in USA for a very long time 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Are you in the US on a trip?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That doesn't sound right. Where? On credit card? A text? Is it the right amount and date Can? Can you provide an image of it without anything identifiable.

Need Help? Let's chat.