cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings not work

alexir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to set up the APN settings for my new ZUK Z2 with android 7.0 with no success. Starting to be frustrated because I don't know what I am doing wrong... in my previous phone I didn't have any problem.

I can't find the Public Mobile 4G network, just Public Mobile 3G (and the other, Telus CA 4G, Rogers, etc). In the front screen, it appears an H where the LTE should be near the signal.

Here is what I have in the access point I added:

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: nothing

Port: nothing

Username: nothing

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MSS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

MVNO value: 4d4f

Authentification type: Not set

APN protocol: IPV4

APN roaming protocol: IPV4

Bearer: Unspecified

MNVO type: GID

APN enable/disable: APN enable

I have tried with no value for MVNO and MNVO type, but still nothing. Any idea will be much appreciated.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

TheBigEasy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Omg,  I have been screwing around with my phone trying to get the data back. I just did what you did. Works great.

I will mention you in my will

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Happy to hear that the factory reset worked for you.  Hope you enjoy the new phone.  

alexir

Good news, I did the reset, updated the android version and it works now at the first try, just automatically before clicking ok on the APN settings!

Thanks all for your help 🙂

alexir

PM sim card works well in other phones, and I can make/received phone calls and text with the Zuk. Internet is the problem 😞

I am going to try the factory reset, will post with results

Thanks all

imm1304

You should have no issues accessing LTE in Toronto because the Band 4 and band 2 are heavily in use around GTA.  

When all else fails, I try factory reset.  This is a known solution for the LG brand of phones that we have discovered over the last year.  Could work for you as well.

Before you do the reset, just want to verify that your PM sim card does work normally in another phone. Right?  We don't wanna do a factory reset if the problem is with the account and not the sim.  

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 🙂 Just 3 minutes late to mention that 😕

alexir

I am trying since yesterday... surprisingly now it appears Public Mobile 4G, but internet doesn't work. When I am contected to Telus is the same. Internet doesn't work...

Could be the location, butI don't think so since I'm in a Toronto area where I usally have 4G with my other phone.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I don't seem to find an issue with the APN settings and you mentionned that you are connected to the H+ or the 3G.so the problem is not  there.

Can you make sure that the connection type is changed to Auto, or to LTE/WCDMA in "preferred network " next to APN Settings and not WCDMA only. (especialy is you are coming from Freedom mobile)

Also http://willmyphonework.net/ shows that there is a partial support of LTE for your device , so I might say depending on the area you live in , you may live in an area where LTE band used is not supported by the device. 

But use it for about 24 hrs and see if you can connect anywhere at LTE,

Also it might help to mention which city you live in if none of that works.

Based on http://willmyphonework.net that phone will only access 1 of PM's LTE frequencies. So, performance will be highly dependent on your location. 

ZUK Z2  Carrier Frequencies Canada Public Mobile
2G Network:
3G Network:
4G LTE Network:

Carrier Network does not support 2G
850MHz, 1900MHz
Band4-AWS, Band2-1900MHz, Band7-2600MH

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304

I second @tod's suggestion.  Some phones take some time after a reboot to connect to the LTE.  

What happens if you try to manually connect to Telus 4G?  PM and TELUS is the same network and some phones, like my G5, show I am connected to Telus.  

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't have Authentication type or MVNO set.

Having said that, that might not be an issue. What I noticed on a brand new Moto G4+ was that it was stuck on H/H+ just like in your case on first SIM insert. Once I restarted the device it got onto LTE after a few minutes on H/H+. So I'd suggest restarting your phone and give it about 5min.

Need Help? Let's chat.