cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANY APP FOR CHECK DATA USE

jadugar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have iphone and I want to know if any one know for app for account information 

15 REPLIES 15

zoomzoom87

That's why you check when your next payment date is and adjust accordingly. It's not perfect, but still a pretty good approximation. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zoomzoom87 yes.  The only "issue" is that it doesn't deal well with the 30 and 90 day plan lengths available at PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

zoomzoom87

Android built in mobile data viewer is pretty accurate. I just give myself a warning at 3.5 gb for the month. Pretty accurate for the most part. 

srlawren

@Grampa no problem. More info on Data Witness can be found here if you are curious.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Grampa

@srlawren

Thank you!  I read mixed reviews of the other data tracker recommended in this thread, so I did not want to take a chance on it.  But I just installed Data Witness on my wife's phone to keep track of her 90 day plan. No permissions requested! Simple, easy to use app and well worth with the $1 price.

srlawren

I would advise anyone using My Data Manager to read their privacy policy and see if there's anything that concerns you.  

I prefer @IWIK's Data Witness personally, but it's only available for Android.  But you may want to look for other alternatives on iPhone, preferably one that only runs locally and does not send your usage data over the internet and share it with other parties.  But maybe that's just me.

FionaC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Another vote for My Data Manager, you can go into "My Alarms" and set custom data thresholds so you get alerted when you reach them. I have mine set at 1 and 2GB at the beginning of the 12GB period, ie; I know I shouldn't be hitting 2GB before 1/2 the month is over.

On iOS, if you also go into Settings > Cellular > Use Cellular Data For, you can see which apps are using data and how much. Also reset it at the beginning of the data period. Common culprits include anything that play video: YouTube, Facebook, Safari, Flipboard etc. You can either modify your habits or also temporarily turn them off so they're not using data, just wifi.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

I use mydatamanger and it is awsome.  it does 90 day terms, forcasts usage and adjusts your daily limit based on data used /available.

+1

jadugar

after i download and install datamanger now show VPN on top screen is ok ?

jadugar

thanks

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I concur with mimmo. 'My data manager'  is what you want. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Definitely My Data Manager. I love it.

Crosserson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

I use mydatamanger and it is awsome.  it does 90 day terms, forcasts usage and adjusts your daily limit based on data used /available.

I use this as well on android. I agree this is a great, free app for keeping track of data use. I find it fairly accurate as well comparing it to the public mobile data use (website) . 

mimmo

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile does not have a mobile app but there are data usage apps.

Need Help? Let's chat.