cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT DISABLED!~! AND CHARGED TWICE FOR 1 MONTH, FOR MY ACCOUNT

kitten1979
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

blocked from phone.jpgEXTREMELY UPSET, CUSTOMER, I HAVE BEEN WITH PUBLIC MOBILE FOR YEARS!! I HAVE ALWAYS PAID ON TIME. AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN CHARGED TWICE BEFORE UNTIL NOW, I EMAILED PUBLIC MOBILE REGARDING, BEING CHARGED TWICE AND I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THEM.

NOW THEY FROZE/ DISABLED MY PHONE! I WAS ON THE OTEHR SIDE OF TOWN, HEAVEN FORBID IF SOMETHING HAPPEND, I COULD NOT CALL OUT SINCE ABOUT 12:00PM TODAY! IT WORKED UNTIL THAT TIME.

THEN IT WAS DISABLED! IT KEPT SAYING FOR ME TO CALL#611 AND I COULD NOT GET ANYONE, SO I HAD TO WAIT TO COME BACK HOME, IN BAD TRAFFIC!!  (NO PHONE, LOTS OF  ACCIDENTS ON HIGHWAY) AND NO PHONE!! INCASE OF EMERGENCY!!

PUBLIC MOBILE DISABLED MY ACCOUNT UNTIL I PROVE I WAS CHARGED TWICE FOR MY ONE BILL!! EXTREMELY UPSET CUSTOMER! I WILL UPLOAD THE PICTURE YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT! 

OR ACKNOWLEDGE! 

I WOULD LIKE MY ACCOUNT RE  ACTIVATED!! 

THE PICTURES charged twice public mobile kathleen.jpeg

blocked from phone.jpg

33 REPLIES 33

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kitten1979 

A little missed timing last night. If you still have not been in contact with a CSA we can try again tonight.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@kitten1979   anyone contact you today?  

if still no reply, try to send another message

@kitten1979 wrote:

THANK YOU, but now i have to go to work, 2 hours away, with no phone, honestly not happy with public mobile at all and i have family in the hospital! just extremely upset 

I completely understand you, but you made mistake rushing up and asking bank to reverse charges.

PM is very strict about it thus your account is disabled.

Contact agent again and be polite. Being upset will not bring you support faster.

Explain situation and if needed ask to talk to manager.

kitten1979

THANK YOU, but now i have to go to work, 2 hours away, with no phone, honestly not happy with public mobile at all and i have family in the hospital! just extremely upset 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kitten1979 

Sorry I caught one of your other threads that didn't contain the whole story otherwise I would not have suggested 611. Online payments will load your account so possibly @dust2dust 's idea would work but the issue could still persist because I think you need a CSA to re-enable the account after you pay. Payment alone wont reactivate your account. If you are still online we can see if we can get the attention of a night agent to help you.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@kitten1979 A curiosity would be if using instant top up aka real time payment would reactivate. Ask to add twice your plan price. But I don't know what will happen. It won't be a waste of money, just not sure if it will in fact reactivate. You'll still need to go through the rigmarole but hopefully the employee mentioned can give you a short resolution.

The customer has stated that they can't use 611. And this has been found in the past with chargebacks.

The only method is to have the vouchers on hand and go through the support people. Unfortunately this customer is getting no response from them.

@kitten1979 this is the best solution to get your account back active right away and then you can sort out the rest of it with a CSA and not have to stress out about your phone not working 

@kitten1979 

In the meantime you could pay by voucher. They are readily available. It's easiest to add vouchers via 611. Once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #. If added successfully you will get a verbal confirmation followed by a text from 611 confirming you have made a successful payment.

You only get two attempts at making a payment (successful or not) either thru 611 or your self serve account total combined. You the have to wait one full hour before trying again. There are limits at how many attempts you get within a given time period although that number is not confirmed ( maybe 12?) before the system will lock you out for 24 hours.

Some vouchers take up to 24 hours to become valid and loadable onto your account.

Vouchers are available at many small cellular businesses and larger retailers. The following list of retailers all offer pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase.

1. London Drugs
  2. Shell Stations
  3. 7/11
  4. SDM
  5. TMS
  6. RCSS
  7. Wal-Mart
  8. Circle K
  9. Petrocan

RTP (real time payments) are available at Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations for a $1 fee and are loaded by giving the clerk your 10 digit phone number.

Online payments can be made at recharge.com and ding.com for about an 8% to 26% surcharge.

More member contributed info and real examples of vouchers can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Good evening @J_PM ,   hpoe you can help @kitten1979   to work out a solution. 

It was an unfortunate situation that PM overcharged OP.  OP messaged  @CS_Agent but no response and hence OP made a wrong move to ask the bank to reverse the transactions.  Please help OP and arrange something with her and get her service reactivated..  thanks

kitten1979

WELL PUBLIC MOBILE DOES NOTHING TO HELP! THEY ARE NOT REPLYING TO MESSAGES SENT PREVIOUSLY. 

@kitten1979 wrote:

that does not work, just tells me to log in, i try to log in, and it says my account is disabled

@kitten1979   I think you need to have them re-enable your account first.  Keep message them and hope someone will reply tonight

@kitten1979 wrote:

I keep email CSA but they are not gettin gback to me< now i have to drive two hours to work tomorrow with no phone, i am so upset with public mobile! i am going to the CRTC!!

The CRTC does not handle diisputes between consumers and wireless carriers.  The CCTS is for that, but they're really there to encourage both parties to work things out.  

@kitten1979   won't help while you are driving, but hopefully this is a solution for now  when you have Wifi.  Download TextNow and use it whenever you have Wifi until it is sorted

kitten1979

that does not work, just tells me to log in, i try to log in, and it says my account is disabled

kitten1979

I keep email CSA but they are not gettin gback to me< now i have to drive two hours to work tomorrow with no phone, i am so upset with public mobile! i am going to the CRTC!!

@kitten1979  - call 611 from your device.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance to help add the voucher to your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit, wait a second...didn't your account get disabled due to the chargeback you made with your card?

Then you have you connected with a CSA to get this sorted out FIRST?

@kitten1979   You have the voucher already?  did you try to call using *611?

kitten1979

how to pay with voucher? when your disabled from account? 

Yes this is the mindset to have. Just leave it in the balance to cover next renewal and your card won't be charged for 2months. Sometimes it isn't reflected in your available balance and you can open a ticket with a CSA to resolve that 

@kitten1979 wrote:

and i tried to email public mobile but they did not get back to  me, so i had my bank deal with it, 

now i guess they didnt like the bank asking for the money back , after they charge my credit card twice but only show i paid one time on my public mobile account! , they froze my account, 

@kitten1979   Yes, asking the bank for a  chargeback , reverse the charge , will result with PM disabling the account.  Your bank might have reversed both charges, or reversed the wrong one of the two.  You have to open ticket with PM using direct message and work with them.   Usually they will not allow you to make credit card payment  and they will ask you to buy vouchers and load using ONLY *611 for 12 months, like a probation 

Please open a ticket , tell them what happened and tell them it was their fault for charging you twice in the beginning, tell them they didn't reply your enquiry and forced you to take that path with the bank.  Let's  hope they understand and can accept credit card payment from you without the 12 months probation.

Again, message them here, message them now:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

kitten1979

yeah the bank reversed the charges, on march 14 2022 

but on my public mobile account for the same date, it said i only paid one time. if i do accidentally press twice, i just leave it and think , at least i am paid up for two month, and i would not have to worrry about it the next month, but in this case, my credit card was charged twice but only showed one time of a payment on my p/m account

@kitten1979  - AH, that is what happened then, as @softech posted I believe.

You got your bank to cancel that 2nd charge, which Public Mobile than cancelled (well disabled your account).

You cannot email Public Mobile, you can only submit tickets to them by methods already provided by others in this post.

I suggest you submit a ticket with Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) asap.

kitten1979

thank you

kitten1979

thank you,

kitten1979

I've tried to restart phone, multiple times. taking out sim multiple times,

my phone is disabled by public mobile,

if i paid twice, i would have just left it, if it was showing twice on my public mobile account, but it said, i only paid one time on April 14 .2022.

but on my credit card , i was charged twice, for the exact same amount, two seperate times, i thought the same thing, (oh next month i do not have to worry about making another payment,) but it was not on my account , and i tried to email public mobile but they did not get back to  me, so i had my bank deal with it, 

now i guess they didnt like the bank asking for the money back , after they charge my credit card twice but only show i paid one time on my public mobile account! , they froze my account, 

@kitten1979 wrote:

i've tried to turn off, take out my sim, since 12 today, nothing is working, my account has been stopped. disabled, i have been trying ,

do you know how to delete the photos?

@kitten1979  

use this link to delete the pictures:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/21368

have your mouse hover over the picture, click the X on the top right

@kitten1979  - go to your original post and see the down arrow in the top right corner. Click that to edit the post.

Have you tried a different browser or open a tab in incognito mode to try logging in?

Did you submit a ticket to see why you cannot log into your account?

kitten1979

i've tried to turn off, take out my sim, since 12 today, nothing is working, my account has been stopped. disabled, i have been trying ,

do you know how to delete the photos?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kitten1979   Calling *611 is only to check the account status but not to talk to PM Support

So, you got charged twice in March, did you ever call the bank to reverse the charge, requesting a charge back?

For My Account access, use the Forgot Password link to try to self Reset the password: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

For proper engagement with PM Support, or your problem or to reset the password if you are not able to reset it yourself using the Forgot password, please open a ticket by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.