cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about the currently advertised in QC "28 dollar 2.5 gig data plan (35 dollar plan)"

Kate_mcc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok I have two questions as I have recommended to a good friend to change to public mobile with the "28 Dollar 2.5 gig plan". 

1- how long will she get the rate of 28 which includes her $2 preauthorized payment plan?

2- if it ends after a specific time where can I find that info on the plans pages?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Kate

70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael6 : If you do go ahead and "take one for the team" then be sure to have at least $35 balance on hand. The autopay can sometimes get a little confused. Whether it's going up in plan cost or down, I'm not sure. So just have the full balance available. If you have rewards then that will get added in and you would have an odd balance the next morning but it can just stay there for the next renewal or add-ons.

@Michael6 as @mimmo mentioned it's worth a shot. You can test it for a ll of us:) Schedule a plan change and see if system charges according. Go to change plan and pick "change at next renewal" if it works out then let us know. 

@Anonymous  the French was the wording bonus data 500mb. Then switched to 250mb. It's kind of fixed now but not really. Wish they would just display the plans like every other province.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous   agreed but that throwaway sentence is what actually counts,, everything else is "templated material (cut and paste)  but that addon sentence was added manually and took "time and effort" to write.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

The whole thing screams new activations except for the one little almost throwaway partial sentence at the end.

Didn't Jb456 clear up some of these wordings on the French side a while ago?

I think you're right though. Change to the "$35" plan and if the $5 off doesn't materialize then complain about it and then change back to the original $25 plan that still exists.

mimmo

@Michael6 , @Anonymous   I tagged @Catherine_T  here  and in the Oracle forum,  but have yet to hear back....  

All I can go by is what were were told.  See attached image, I believe it was a miscommunication on the part of @Arturo_H re the plan details.   

Personally I would risk it,  worst case you can go back to your original plan if the the info from Cat is incorrect, and at that point i would also fight for a 5$ credit.  The information given to oracles in advance is to help with questions re promotions etc and should be considered correct until told otherwise.

Screenshot (4).png

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Screenshot_20201116-170634.png

The 50$ plan doesn't match the non offer on the plans page. I just want to be 100% certain. 

Michael6

I'm on the 1gb 23$ per 30 day plan.

I always get to about one gig, so for 5$ I would upgrade, not for 10$. 

Reading the offer details it sounds like it is only for new sign-ups. Read #1

Screenshot_20201116_164128.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael6 wrote:

Any news? My renewal is for tomorrow and I would like to switch if possible 🙂

@Catherine_T or @mimmo haven't got back with any update.

@Michael6 

What plan are you on now by the way?

Michael6

Any news? My renewal is for tomorrow and I would like to switch if possible 🙂

Michael6

Exactly. 

Same goes for the 48$ 9.5gb plan. That one is not even listed as a promo on the main page but in my account it would only give me 8.5gb for the same price if I tried to change plan. 

@mimmo wrote:

@Catherine_T , can you please clarify this promorion, the information provided by @Arturo_H   contradicts what you mentioned to the Oracle's in MC.

Hello,

I just wrote to the mods and received this response confirming that this plan does NOT apply to existing customers.

"Thanks for getting in contact with us, my name is Arturo and I´ll be assisting you today with your plan inquiry.

The promotion you´re mentioning is only for new activation, it does not apply to existing customers.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Arturo - Public Mobile Moderator" 

I believe the issue here is with how the details say that the new customer is supposed to choose the $35 plan and that the $5 discount will appear. That $5 discount probably is could possibly be marked in the sytem as a new customer promotion. If that is the case, I do not believe that Public Mobile should be advertising the "$28" plan on the plan page with all the other plans that are available to anyone.

Michael6

Would be nice 😁

@Michael6 since the beginning of the year. the Quebec promos usually make their way down to the regular plans about a month after for existing customers. this could be a plan they offer on black Friday

mimmo

@Catherine_T , can you please clarify this promorion, the information provided by @Arturo_H   contradicts what you mentioned to the Oracle's in MC.

Hello,

I just wrote to the mods and received this response confirming that this plan does NOT apply to existing customers.

"Thanks for getting in contact with us, my name is Arturo and I´ll be assisting you today with your plan inquiry.

The promotion you´re mentioning is only for new activation, it does not apply to existing customers.

Michael6

Yeah but this is prepaid phone plans, on a 30 day basis. If a burger joint offers 50% off a second burger, everyone can order that, not just new customers.

If I port out and port back in one day later, I can pay 28$ for 2.5gb instead of 33$ for 2gb. No misunderstanding here.

If I was on a contract due to some other promotion, I would understand your point, but again, it's 30 day prepaid.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael6 wrote:

I remember the days when public mobile only had plans available for all. That was kind of the basis of this company. 

Just wish they would drop the new activation plans. It's prepaid, they should reward loyalty and allow in market plans to be in market plans, that's it. Should I really have to port out and back in to get a plan which is 5$ less per month? That would take five years to obtain through loyalty. 

I'm not angry, just disappointed with you public mobile. 

@Michael6 

I can't help but feel that there's a misunderstanding between a plan offered and additional short-term features or credits offered on top.

We can all change to any offered plan. New customers choose from the same offerings.

Lots of companies in other industries have these enticement deals to bring customers over. I'm not a fan of them myself. The same as a fast food coupon. "Buy one burger and get a second one 50% off" kinda thing.

Michael6

I remember the days when public mobile only had plans available for all. That was kind of the basis of this company. 

Just wish they would drop the new activation plans. It's prepaid, they should reward loyalty and allow in market plans to be in market plans, that's it. Should I really have to port out and back in to get a plan which is 5$ less per month? That would take five years to obtain through loyalty. 

I'm not angry, just disappointed with you public mobile. 

@Kate_mcc 

See this link on how to navigate the community. It will answer most of your questions.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-Navigate-the-Community/m-p/609974

Basically read people's posts, learn the self serve where the buttons are to check usage, change number , etc and when you're comfortable enough and have some time jump on the forums and answer people's questions. You may earn a reward at the end of the month for your participation.

Enjoy!

Kate_mcc

Ok. Have not been a customer of Public that long so still "building" the rewards a bit at a time. At a total loss about how the community component works also. Have not found an explanation anywhere but...

In general I find I am satisfied with the service and just peeved this :"deal" wouldn't apply to me but that is minor and not overly important in the general scheme of things.

@Kate_mcc  I agree with what @hairbag1  just said. I also have a few freebies on my account. Then with loyalty, referral, autopay and community rewards my bill is zero. If I was to stop posting on these forums today. My next bill that I'd have to pay would be like June of 2022. 2021 is all free thanks to PM rewards system.

@Kate_mcc wrote:

It will still make my friend who is switching companies happy. BUT It would be nice if companies who make new customer offers spend a few minutes evaluating if those offers will make current customers feel less valued.

Kate

The longer you stay with PM, you'll likely find PM values it's existing customers more than you think right now. Here's an example...the red checks are just a list of the freebies I've rec'd over the last couple of years. Doesn't include "Refer-a-Freind" rewards, "Loyalty" rewards or "Community" participation rewards.

Freebies.jpg

Michael6

I would have upgraded my plan as well but I guess public mobile doesn't want my extra 5$ every month lol

@Kate_mcc . If you haven't been with PM long (reward wise) you could technically consider activating again to get the plan. 

You'd have to calculate the money to see if it is worth it or not.

Port your number over to another company like Lucky. (That would cost a Lucky sim and lowest lucky plan) then get a new PM sim and signup again. Use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus. 

Port your number from Lucky back to your new PM account for the new price.

Kate_mcc

Thank you so much for checking. I am very disappointed that it does not apply to current customers. Makes me want to just buy a new sim card and rejoin lol. Just kidding, sort of.

It will still make my friend who is switching companies happy. BUT It would be nice if companies who make new customer offers spend a few minutes evaluating if those offers will make current customers feel less valued.

Kate

Michael6

Hello,

I hope public mobile offers us 'plans on sale' this black Friday. covid-19's escalation in recent weeks, would help a lot of customers

$30/2.5gb

$35/5gb

$40/6.5gb 

$45/8.5gb

$50/10gb 

mimmo

@Kate_mcc  you will need to follow the competition in QC when their promos end so will this one most Lilley.

@Jb456 I copied and pasted from the announcement that was provided to the Oracle's.  I can ask for clarification on Monday from reading what I pasted it says new and existing.

Kate_mcc

Thank you BUT did it happen to put when it ends? (I know. Never satisfied)!

Thank you again

Kate_mcc

i Read it carefully but saw nothing about existing clients.

Need Help? Let's chat.