cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about the currently advertised in QC "28 dollar 2.5 gig data plan (35 dollar plan)"

Kate_mcc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok I have two questions as I have recommended to a good friend to change to public mobile with the "28 Dollar 2.5 gig plan". 

1- how long will she get the rate of 28 which includes her $2 preauthorized payment plan?

2- if it ends after a specific time where can I find that info on the plans pages?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Kate

70 REPLIES 70

@danbeauch  Enjoy the holidays and all the best in the new year!

danbeauch

OK, it makes sense. Let's see what happens next month. Thanks again for taking the time to answer back! Have a great holiday!

@danbeauch  Good morning. First Great you got the $5 credit so that is working.

It might be just like when someone first activates. (I'm just assuming).

When someone first signs up for any plan and adds autopay. The system is not smart enough to credit the $2 reward at signup..what happens is a few days later the $2 is manually applied to the account balance. Then the system automatically puts $2 in the reward section next to auto-pay. So at second payment (renewal)the system knows to credit the $2 reward and any other rewards to the balance (in this example total $4. $2 from signup auto-pay that was manually applied and $2 every 30 days by system) moving forward system knows what to do.

So I am thinking that since it was your first plan change it was manually applied (again at least you got it so you know it's working now. Going forward system should automatically apply it like they do for rewards. So maybe at next payment due date you'd have another $5 credit by the system along with the $2 auto-pay.. bringing balance to $12? Then charging your card after debit of available balance first. So at 3rd payment due to date everything should run correctly by system. That's what I am thinking?

danbeauch

@Jb456

My renewal passed and they charged me the full $35/month minus my rewards but did not deduct the $5 rebate on the plan... Instead, I now see a $5 credit ("Available Funds") for next month's renewal... Do you know why? I thought they would charge me the net cost at renewal. Thanks again for your help!

@danbeauch  Great! Happy Holidays 🎊

danbeauch

@Jb456 @mimmo 

OK, I cancelled and changed it again and it works now! Thanks for the help! 

@danbeauch 

When you do the change does it show "Promotion" $5 off $35?

Screenshot_20201213_082054.jpg

If it does then do "Yes change my plan"

The terms of that promotion say "Step #2. Your $5 monthly discount will automatically be applied to your account"

Which basically means when you actually start that plan on Dec 16th..

It will not show the $5 discount or anything as in a credit until the system actually puts you in the plan. 

So and payment due date (if yours is the 16th) then early morning around 2am EST the system will start changing your plan. Like every other renewal. It will first apply any rewards to your balance ($2 auto-pay reward) you need to be on auto-pay to get it at $28.  Then the system will switch your plan..deduct any "available" balance and then charge your credit card for remaining owed. In the afternoon the system should update everything correctly as there is an entire process.

Account will go from

•  Active to Expired.
  • Expired to suspended with this note

Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

• Then once everything updates in the afternoon it will go from Suspended back to active.

As long as your phone still works during that time just ignore your account until it's back to active in the afternoon.

I would suggest something to you though. Sometimes when changing a plan at next renewal the system still sees your old plan. ( I don't know what plan you're currently on. If it's a higher amount or lower)... but it is recommended for the first payment at a plan change to manually add the money to your account (in this case $35) to ensure all goes smoothly and no interruptions of phone service.

Don't worry you will still get your autoplay reward credited and any other rewards. You will also get anything else owed to you in your available balance. Then those funds will be used on your next payment due date in mid January. 

Example. If your balance was $10 extra after everything on the 16th..then at payment due date in January the system will first credit rewards again (another $2 auto-pay) plus any other rewards. Debit that from your plan amount first and then charge your card the remaining amount owed. So it will all add up in the end.

It's up to you if you want to manually add the funds for this due date or not so the "change at next renewal" goes smoothly.

If you do click "Make a payment" then there will be a dropdown next to amount. Select "Other".. then manually type $35. Submit and it will be processed in your account..

You don't have to if you don't want to. Many have no issues when doing a change at next renewal but now and then the system can be screwy abit. 

If everything works out on the 16th in afternoon for your new plan than great. If it doesn't then you'd have to contact mods. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @danbeauch if the plan change has not gone through yet there is. O harm in canceling and then activating a plan change .

Just make sure your address in selfserve    and that you meet the requirements .  If you don't see the credit after the plan change Then Contact mods.

Some info in this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/A-question-about-the-currently-advertis...

danbeauch

@Jb456 

Hi,

Yes, I'm in Quebec.

I did exactly what you wrote about 3 weeks ago. Changed from the "$35 1,5 Gig plan" to the new "28$ 2.5 Gig plan" when my plan renews on Dec 16 but. I see that the plan change for Dec 16 but the $5 credit did not appear and still doesn't show... Should I cancel the plan change and do it over again to see if the rebate will show up??

Thanks for the quick response!

Daniel

@danbeauch  

You're in Quebec I presume?

If you log into your account and click change plan.

Then select the $35 plan and important click change at next renewal.

A pop up will display before confirming the change like the below.

Screenshot_20201213_082054.jpg

  

Confirm if it shows like my screenshot.

$35 minus $5 discount. Making the plan $30...then your auto-pay reward of $2 brings it to $28.

If it shows that then click "Yes change my plan".

At payment due date you'll be charged for that new plan and it will start then.

Keep us posted!

danbeauch

@Catherine_T I switched to the "28$ plan with 2.5 gig" 3 weeks ago (switch effective this coming week) and don't see the $5 credit on my account... When reading through the questions/answers, I can't find if the issue is resolved on your side and when/if I will see that credit appear on my account... Can you or someone from PM respond? I submitted a ticket 4-5 days ago but no response. Thanks!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Catherine_T wrote:

Quick Update:

Hi there,

We've noticed a system error where the $5 discount is not automatically loading for eligible existing customers upon activation plan change. We are investigating this issue, and expect to resolve it in the next two weeks. No action is needed on your end - once the issue is resolved, a credit will appear in your self-serve account.

Apologies for the inconvenience! 

Best,

Catherine

Just some slight semantics @Catherine_T. Thanks for the update.

Good catch! Thanks @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catherine_T wrote:

Quick Update:

Hi there,

We've noticed a system error where the $5 discount is not automatically loading for eligible existing customers upon activation plan change. We are investigating this issue, and expect to resolve it in the next two weeks. No action is needed on your end - once the issue is resolved, a credit will appear in your self-serve account.

Best,

Catherine

Just some slight semantics @Catherine_T. Thanks for the update.

Quick Update:

Hi there,

We've noticed a system error where the $5 discount is not automatically loading for eligible existing customers upon plan change. We are investigating this issue, and expect to resolve it in the next two weeks. No action is needed on your end - once the issue is resolved, a credit will appear in your self-serve account.

Best,

Catherine

mimmo

@Michael6  yeah that should do  it. 🙂  glad all things worked out.  too bad it was such a  ring  circus to achieve.

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks, will do. 

I do see a 5$ off 35$ in my promo section below the plan price. I assume this is what gets me the discount?

Either way, I'll check back in next month! 

mimmo

@Michael6  make sure to check for the credit on next renewal,hopefully they changed your plan rather than a one time credit.

@computergeek541 areed, it's so much more confusing having a retroactive credit rather than upfront, maybe we need to check out the competitors in Quebec see how their plans /promos are listed to get some enlightenment.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Michael6 wrote:

I'm back!

It's confirmed, also works for current customers in Quebec. 

If the credit doesn't appear automatically after selecting the 35$ plan, open a ticket with the @CS_Agent and they will fix it quickly and efficiently 🙂

Good deal! 

It's good that they applied it but it looks like you only got it because you insisted. Mistakes happen but Public will need to check how the plan is programmed to ensure this doesn't happen to others.

Michael6

I'm back!

It's confirmed, also works for current customers in Quebec. 

If the credit doesn't appear automatically after selecting the 35$ plan, open a ticket with the @CS_Agent and they will fix it quickly and efficiently 🙂

Good deal! 

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hi there,

Just wanted to help clarify that this plan offer is available to both existing and new customers in Quebec. 

Apologies for any confusion! 

Thanks,

Catherine

@Catherine_T I performed and experiment on an account and made a change that would normally satisify the eligibility requirements for this regional offer. From what I can see there is no $30 plan available in the self serve account. As per the offer details, customers (at least for new customers) are to select the $35 plan. From what I can see, doing that from within an existing account doesn't add the $5 discount.   Such monetary discounts are usually only enabled for new customers. Why not just list it as a $30 plan?  Further, why not make this plan available in all regions?

Michael6

Thank you, Danny is looking into my case. 

I'll come back with confirmation on why the credit isn't in my account as an existing customer

That is good news as the majority of new promos are targeted to new customers.

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi there,

Just wanted to help clarify that this plan offer is available to both existing and new customers in Quebec. 

Apologies for any confusion! 

Thanks,

Catherine

casaraku

Its not clear or obvious on the first and main pages that it is only for new sign ups... i had to spend time going into the community feeds about a special... and its details...the only lead was one had to sign up for 35$ plan and it would eventually show up on ones bill... and a few comments said it was for new and current customers...Maybe comments put out by administrators should be color coded or some easy flag.

Michael6

Thanks @mimmo

mimmo

@Anonymous  still silence from @Catherine_T ....  

@Michael6 @Michael6 give it a couple days, it could be like other pm promos the credit will show up some time after payment.

Edit just posted again oracle forum, tagged some additional people. Hopefully will hear back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael6 wrote:

Arturo was right, I was billed 35$. I will ask for a credit or to be switched plans back to get my 5$ back 😢

I would give it the day at least. @Catherine_T should clarify her words. They usually honour misunderstandings. Catherine_T is "higher up" than Arturo.

@mimmo 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Michael6 wrote:

Arturo was right, I was billed 35$. I will ask for a credit or to be switched plans back to get my 5$ back 😢

It sounds like one part of Public doesn't know what the other is doing and doesn't know about the mixed meessages.

Michael6

Michael6

Screenshot_20201116-175239.png

Taking one for the team. And thanks for the tip, I have enough in my account 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.