cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A friend of mine just received a call from my number, I am afraid my number has been cloned.

llc00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A friend asked me if I called but I didn't make any call at that time, the call was coming from my number, my friend didn't get to answer the phone, my number must've been cloned, what should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately scamers's fake random numbers all the time. There not much you can do about it if there using your number. Other then getting a new number.  The good thing is it doesn't affect your billing as there not actually using your number. It just looks like it on the call display of whoever getting the call. If they are using your number your going to get a lot of calls asking if you called and a few are going to scream at you thinking you are one of the scamers. My niece went through this a few years ago.

Stonechucker1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@llc00 , it is mostly possible that an auto driver has borrowed your number to display at on the call display of your friend. Tell him not to market as spam or anything else and just ignore it. 

TThis happens to me often. I've often called numbers that I don't recognize and ask them why they call and they tell me I didn't call you. I inform them that that was what they call her ID said and I apologize for disturbing them.

Honestly, I wouldn't put too much into it. There are always bugs in everything. If it happens again, perhaps you can reach out to a CS Agent to report it. See below. I can tell you this. For the longest time my number would dial 911 by itself often. Also, when people called me, they'd get 911 instead of me. I mean A LOT. I actually had to get the Police to reach out to my service provider to fix the issue. Needless to say, it doesn't happen anymore. LOL

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715108542609.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

llc00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No because it is not on the call registry of my phone

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Butt dial? 

Need Help? Let's chat.