cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

911 call

Charlie77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone made a 911 call on February 4, 2024 around 5am from my phone but I cannot find that call on the log. Where do 911 call appear? I cannot see any trace on my phone. Thank you in advance for your help.

10 REPLIES 10

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

911 calls do not get saved in the call log. Likely so you don't accidently click on it and call again.

Also most phones have a button sequence that will call 911, even if locked. It's usually by repetitively pushing one or more of the side buttons.

Charlie77

I called the police and requested the transcript twice, but they keep sending me the information regarding the call made from the gas station where I took refuge even when I request info about the call made from my phone from the person who stole my phone

HI @Charlie77 

so, your phone was stolen?  they cannot delete the calling history on My Account

so, you have a new sim to link to your PM account yet?

and you submitted ticket for PM agent to investigate?

since it is a stolen phone case, open a case with police as well, you did that?

Charlie77

I have an iPhone. It was definitely not a pocket call.

Charlie77

It does not show up on my account; knowing that the person who had stolen my phone to prevent me from calling the police might have deleted it while I escaped to find help, I checked in my account but cannot find any call in the history. 

@Meow  Apparently it is a deliberate feature that 911 calls don't show in the call log on a phone (for personal safety reasons, you might not want someone else to be able to see that you called 911).  I don't know if it applies to all devices/manufacturers and all carriers.  Perhaps it might show in the PM account log though?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Charlie77 

That is weird if it is not showing up on the call logs unless the person deleted the call log but it should show up on your account. 
Login and look under View Usage History on your app or online.

It is very slim but it might be a glitch…doubt it though.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Charlie77  Do you happen to have a iPhone ? I know with mine if the power button gets pressed 5x in a row it will automatically call for help . 3x and it pops up my back card . As short cut . Could this have happened to you asleep phone on pocket . I’ve set my card alarm off before with them in my pocket before also . Things sometime happen by accident and we are totally unaware . I’ve even pocket dialed  people before , hahahaha unaware chomping on chips and they like hello HELLO 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

How can somebody make a call from your phone without you knowing it?

And how do you know somebody did call if there is no trace on your phone nor in phone log in your account?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Charlie77 

how you know someone used your phone to make 911 call?  did 911 call you back?

you should let their police know so they can investigate.  I know there is thing call caller id spoofing, usually is for marketing calls, not sure they will do 911 calls.  Maybe you had a pocket dail?  These days, you can easily make emergency call on your lock screen, or your apple/samsung watch has function to call emergency number if it sense you fell

if you want to be sure if the call was from your phone, ask support agent to check.  This is serious , worth to ask.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.