cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day plan 3x rewards?

Johnovich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Could anyone who switched to 90 day plan confirm that they got 3x reward instead of 1x?

126 REPLIES 126

jeyarajan

Thanks for the information.

hi @jeyarajan 

yes, you got 3x rewards but not one shot in the plan change 

you get 1x rewards in your account as credit every 30 day. You might get Autopay rewards in a single credit 

jeyarajan

Hi,

Could anyone who switched to 90 day plan confirm that they got 3x reward instead of 1x?

Web capture_7-10-2023_125559_myaccount.publicmobile.ca.jpeg

@Vankenn wrote:

Yes, I got 3x my regular monthly rewards ($5.00 x 3 = $15.00).

Hi @Vankenn  yes, then you got the correct rewards!!

just some people need to be aware that when changing from 30 days to 90 days, the initial rewards will be just 1x as they just earned a 1x rewards from the 30 days cycle

Vankenn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I got 3x my regular monthly rewards ($5.00 x 3 = $15.00).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Veni  you’re right it should be more clearly stated on website , however it’s not unfortunately. As for forcing folks in to points that’s yet to happen and you have to explicitly request to join the new point program at this stage of the game .. PM I’m sure reserved the right to change this at any time .so fingers crossed that never happens 

Veni
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with you 100%. But it's sounds like me myself and I. That's has nothing to do with community. 

Community means all for 1 and 1 for all.

As you said gambling and might be worth it.

The question is:

Why there is no transparency and clarification from PM on their website?

Don't you think it will make things less complicated and no frustration to anyone.

We all keep arguing,make suppositions when all that could be resolved within few minutes by PM administration and everyone then would decide what to do with his service.

Has nothing to do with rewards or credit or 10G it's all good.

All of us keep loosing daily with our high taxes and prices. No big deal loosing 2 months rewards or getting them back later.

Instead of everyone tries to have the last word and talk about gambling etccccc,

Could PM administration make it clear for all of us right now on their website?

It's not complicated. The main reason behind it is to switch all of us from rewards to points because that's how the new system works. 

There will be no loyalty no autopay no referral no community help.

I hope that I'm wrong but I believe it when I see it. Directly from PM administration posted on their website.

I really appreciate all your postings and I personally thank you for that.

Wish you a good luck and the best.

Thanks a lot.

Johnovich

Wish Public Mobile would have responded with a clarification. So far we have confirmed someone who got $2 autopay instead of $6 and another person who got $6 autopay but only one month of loyalty and referrals. At this point I am even scared to ask how community participation works with 3 month plans. 😂

@gpixel  I agree feels like your first  2 month rewards you miss out on .and even if that’s the case if I end up getting 3x the reward after first 90 days that sacrifice is worth it to me I have $15 referrals $4 loyalty and $2auto total of $21 x3 =63 pay so in the next renewal $117-$63 and I can pay $54 on next renewal that works out to $18 bucks every 30 day and to ensure a extra 10GB going forward it’s worth  missing out on the $42 rewards . I’ll never get back to stay on 30 day cycle . do you believe I won’t get get the 3x rewards after 90 days ?

adding if you pay zero for 30 day , then after the 90 day why would you have to pay again . Sounds like you have nuff rewards to cover 30 day now should be no different after the first 90 days again for you . Unless you do t believe 3x credit will be earned / awarded ?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I don't suppose you have proof of that assertion from long ago?

The only reward that used to be paid up front on initial sign up was the autopay reward of $2 IF you checked the box to use the credit card you used to sign up. Then if you used a referral code then you would get $10 credited a few days later. That's it until the next renewal.
Loyalty would show up after a year. Referrals would pay out at the next renewal. The Community reward used to be dependable around the 6th of each month and would be held in the community box for the next renewal. Now it's just credited sometime in the middle of the month.

Rewards have ALWAYS been credited for the past paid 30 or 90 days. Never for future. It's only the plan that is paid for future. Please do provide proof of your assertion that you got rewards at the beginning for the next paid 30 or 90 days. I doubt it. Any rewards do indeed get paid at renewal, but they're based on the previous paid 30 or 90 days.

Nobody is arguing with you about clear and transparent. This company is terrible at it. So we go by past practices and now wonder if past practices will be repeated. We will see. I expect so. But we'll see.

Didn't you say were leaving some time ago?

Adding - Wow. So I went to the wayback machine to look for what the user is claiming and it looks like Telus/Public has wiped their history from the site. There are the indications of there once being data there but now it says "(why: No Collection Info)" and nothing comes up. Wow. 

Adding - or not. I tried cbc.ca and got the same thing. Maybe wayback machine is broken.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Veni  I can only go by the traditional wisdom around here that yes . You will get 3x rewards here after the first 90 days . And I had agent  confirm to me I’d get 3.x rewards next renewal . So even if I in some sense lose on some rewards for the Initial start up to the 90 day offering . I’m willing to take that gamble . If for whatever reason it then only works to 1x reward I’ll just switch back to a 30day plan and it cost me one month in services . Which is free to me anyways since there just rewards not hard earned cash . Please wish me luck 🙂

Veni

For your information only mister Genius.

I ve been with PM since 2015.

First plan was on 30 days. My rewards were deducted right away and I paid the balance first day.

Then I went to 90 days older plans.

They deducted 3x rewards and I paid the balance right away on my first day.

Then back on 30 days they deducted my rewards for 30 days right away and paid the balance.

Never ever at the end. Always at the beginning.

You think that I'm new with PM.

You sounds a very limited minds person.

My advice: Go and improve your mind and brain.

Bs bs bs bs. No wondering.

Good luck. Adios. 

Veni

You are totally wrong. First when I activated rewards were deducted and I paid the balance. 

As I said there is no need to argue with people that keep imagining things and trying to convince others from their own imagination. 

All of you should tell to PM to make it clear with transparency on their website to avoid unnecessary arguments and imagination.

I'll be leaving soon to freedom Mobile or fido, I know it's my choice don't need anybody to tell me that. 

Thanks to all the community. Good luck.

Adios.

K_GL

You never lost them,change to any 30 days plan from 90 days plan that last month before you leave pm,then you get 3x reward on 30days plan

@dust2dust  Agreed . Stand by for my update in 90 days from renewal 

@Handy1- I'm still hoping people can put away the thought of 60 days or 2x wrt all this. And also to understand that the reward is for the past. The plan payment is for the future. It seems to me to be an anomaly that that oracle somehow got 3x$2 for autopay. But then seemed to rightly get 1x for loyalty and referrals.

I don't remember the details on the old 90 day folks and what happens with referrals coming and going and how that ends up as the credits. And then we'll see if anything is different with the return of 90 day plans as the early adopters inform us.

@Johnovich- I was surprised to read about the oracle that had trouble with rewards when they got enticed into a 30 day plan out of the old 2016 90 day plan. They should have got the full complement of rewards at the switch. For their own reasons they chose not to fight about it. But we're talking about the 30 to 90 switch here. I think the up front payment is what affects the value for existing customers. New sign ups wouldn't have that issue.

@dust2dust  Yes I based @gpixel  to be $27 in re accruing rewards how I came up with those numbers and $19 in accruing for myself .. so yes yo from Initially jumping on to 90 day plan I see the confusion about feeling left out on 60 days of 2x rewards . But after that 90 day I fully believe and trust the 3x reward will follow . Then it all balances itself out .. I mean how can they give you credits for the second 60 days of the first renewal to 90 days if your referral friends leave 29 day into the the first 30 days of a 90 day cycle .. so makes sence to me to have to wait the full 90 days first to get 3x rewards 

Adding as to the $8 reward example I’d rather lay that extra &16 up front to have long term extra 10 GB 

Johnovich

I might be misunderstanding your math but I think we would not be shortchanged when we switch if were paid out 3x rewards when we switch from 90 day back to 30, but I believe I saw a reply from oracle somewhere here, saying that it’s not the case. 
Additionally , some people get 6$ off for autopay and some like @Veni only got 2$.

can @J_PM please clarify?

Veni

Got none. Big zero. 

I'm looking at fido and freedom Mobile unlimited USA Canada 40 gigs roaming included for $45 monthly And $2 more I get 5G phone. I'll switch soon. I don't care loosing the 3 months I paid for PM. 

I've been with PM for years. 

Wish you the best. Good luck. Adios.

@Handy1- Did you do something like I did for gpixel the other day? Made a spreadsheet of the rewards and the costs and the net outlay? For him it seemed that changing from 30 to 90 is more money and that it would take all his balance.

But I do wish people would stop imagining that the rewards will get short-changed. And I'm the corporate cynic. No they won't. On switching, you will get the past 30 days rewards. The next renewal in 90 days will enjoy three times the rewards whether credited three times or just the once at the end. But we have early adopter regulars that will let us know.

So if the value looks fine with you then go for it.

Adding - based on your mentioned $8 rewards - from July 1 to December 26 (before payout) 30 days comes to a total of $186 and the 90 days comes to $202. Then the larger up front on switching might use what balance you might have. It seems counter-intuitive but when you do the math the problem is the up front to switch.

@Johnovich  LOL me too , don’t need the 20GB I have already, but when ever I can have more for same price I get antsy and have severe FOMO 

Johnovich

@Veni did you get any more $ for the autopay the following day? Someone here had mentioned that it takes a few days for the money to show up?

Johnovich

My logic is that I have wifi at work and at home and while 20gb is a huge improvement over 5gb/month, I used to have, the 10gb would mean extra freedom but prob would remain unused with my current usage.

@Johnovich  my rewards are roughly the same .. I’m still feeling like I’m gonna give it a go , but the more I hear people shying away . I’m getting scared now 

Johnovich

Seems that way, but it appears the first time you switch you lose 2 months worth of rewards. After some deliberation, I think I am going to cancel the switch, as roughly 20$ of rewards (in my case) will be more noticeable for me than extra data. Maybe there will be better plans down the line as well?

HI @Anonymous 

Sorry, just to be very sure, so all the autopay, friends, community awards will be accumulated and applied every 90 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Answer-To-Many-Users-Question-about-90-Pl...

Just Saw This in REWARDS Under Preauthorised Payments and Rewards, etc. :

Pre-authorized payments Rewards are earned when you set up automatic payments with a pre-authorized credit or Visa Debit card.

Earn:

• 30-day subscription: $2/30 days
  • 90-day subscription: $6/90 days
  • 10-day subscription: not eligible

Note: if you are on a 90-day subscription, your Rewards will be accumulated and applied every 90 days. 10-day subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards.

Refer-a-Friend and earn $1 off every 30 days, or $3 off every 90 days. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they activate.

Head over to the Public Mobile Community, and lend a hand. Asking questions, answering questions or just providing your thoughts can earn up to $20 per calendar month.

Now PMing CS Agent for assistance for many things 

formerlyMe0W_0-1686609790456.png

CSA may not be a Suitable User Name

@Johnovich  I think that sums it all up well . We will find out in time to me two months lost rewards is worth the price of admission for longer term savings . And besides the rewards are just the rewards not hard earned money lost .. then once settled into the new 90 day cycle you will get 3x rewards … it’s a no brainer for me 

Need Help? Let's chat.