cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8B1 error

Danielle2453
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Canada Wide free unlimited CALLS in my plan.

1) Yet, I can not call 811 and 911. Getting 8B1 error or simply does not ring. Buts my life in danger. Serious legal issue.

2) Can not call local within my province. eg: both private and AH, ministries, govt number in Edmonton.

Issue started since the "changes". Everything is a hot mess.

There is NO way to even report these technical issues. 

Can anyone please help?

5 REPLIES 5

Danielle2453

Hello,everyone and thank you for offering advice.

After exactly two weeks of off and on discussions with CS, with the issues escalated to a "ticket",  losing even more functionality in terms of receiving and making calls within my province and within my plan, left saiting for a solution, tonight, a CS emailed curtly saying that the "system" automatically closed the thread because IT (the system) was waiting too long for a solution. I rest my case!!!

The issues reported are not solved.

1) 8B1 continues to be the error when dialing 811

2) Can no longer call 1-800 numbers (e.g. Alberta Health) which by standard SHOULD be accessible anywhere on the continent

3) Callers get "person you are calling is not available"....and on, and on

Measures taken at my end:

a) Phone (and internet) settings changed about 8 times

b) IPhone thoroughly checked yesterday by Apple and reset professionally in person, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my phone, my connectivity, my SIM card (also tested with another phone) and outside my area/home.

c) Internet and signal in my area checked twice.

d) nobody else in my neighborhood experiences these issues

My insistence in having proper signal, connectivity, etc is because I am a senior, living with health issues that require (obviously) immediate intervention if needed. THANKFULLY, 911 now works. Miracle of miracles 😇

As for the rest,  mystery (and crass incompetence) continues. I must have a mischievous leprechaun in my phone, or internet or home...ha,ha,ha

This is my update as of Saturday, December 16. Danielle

Danielle2453

Can not happen yet it does.

Account active and good standing, been a long term customer. Issues started only a little while ago. 

CS contacted.

Thank you gentlemen for the suggestions.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Danielle2453 

try to click Reset all networks and it might help

Also, try your sim in another phone

If same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here, they can refresh your account on the system 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Danielle2453 is your account active ? When was your last payment , but to get support you can use this direct link 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This should not be happening, first and foremost if you cannot call 911, turn on airplane mode and call 911 if you’re having an emergency.

Reset your network and see if that helps. If still you cannot call them submit a ticket to a Public Mobile CS agent and ask for a network reset and tell them what’s happening. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.