cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$65 CANADA & USA Plan

iamXOA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there Community!

My partner and I both purchased the $65 Canada and USA subscription a few months back, we had just entered the USA a few weeks ago and although we see our phones are in roaming and we can access data, our phones cannot make calls??????

Any ideas? We have tried choosing different carriers/towers, tried having it on auto connect, tried turning our phones on and off etc.

Many thanks and much love, 

Xoa

11 REPLIES 11

iamXOA

Great, I will contact them, thank you for your help!

@iamXOA  There are articles online how to enable VoLTE on Samsung phones but maybe someone else here can help with that.  Perhaps your best bet is to contact PM customer service by sending a private message using this link and check every so often for a reply in your inbox (envelope top right or click on your avatar and select "messages".

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

iamXOA

My Samsung doesn't have that option and when i searched it says it's auto on newer phones 😞 Currently in Nebraska, but have had this issue since we entered from New Brunswick into Maine, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois....etc etc etc all the way to today hahahah It's a bit annoying considering we are paying for something that isn't working ughhhhhhhh 

@iamXOA   If there is a VoLTE setting in the phones is it enabled?  Whereabouts in the USA are you (roughly, such as the State).

iamXOA

I have tried switching to T-Mobile and have also tried to connect via LTE, still no luck....

iamXOA

Thank you for the answer! Yes, the phones are on the list....still nothing 😞

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ah good to know, wasn’t sure thanks.

@TheSterlinger All the US plans and roaming add-on's that include calling have unlimited calling in the US. The $65 Can/US plan is definitely an unlimited calling plan. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe check if you have enough minutes (not sure if it’s unlimited)

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Voice calling is dependent on having VoLTE, because the US no longer has a 3G network which is required if you're not provisioned to make phone calls on the LTE network. What phones are you using?

Also I would suggest setting your Preferred Network to 4G vs 5G, although if data is working that's probably not your issue. But it could cause issues as you move around, as AT&T 5G doesn't usually seem to work. You can also try to alternate between T-Mobile and AT&T to see if that makes a difference.

If you don't have a VoLTE device you can try to force your phone to T-Mobile and see if they have a 2G connection you can tap into. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@iamXOA   Are your phones on the VoLTE compatible list for Public Mobile?  If not you would likely only be able to make calls by connecting to T-Mobile on 2G because the US has shut down most/all of their 3G.

VoLTE list 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.