cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60for5GB-4GLTE

ninica
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PM Goorooz,

Im with Bell now, and my billing cycle ends on 17th.

Does anyone know if this promo is still going to be available or can i get it now somehows but to start using it on 17th?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

As mentioned i woudl do it a day or two ahead of time.  PM does have some activation issues so that could cause a delay in getting you set up.

If/When you sign up let PM assign you a temporary number, and once this is set up /working properly then do your port.  when porting you name must be exatly as it is on the account and use only your account number (not pin or imei)

Also great to see you are doing a little research before jumping in. 

@ninica wrote:

I called earlier and apperently they added something on my acc so number can be released with no problems (she said)

But still,... you are suggesting 3 days before billing cycle ends?

If you have everything all lined up, then same day is fine.  I assume that there are no contracts involved here and leaving a day or two early isn't going to trigger any punitive charges.  As for billing cycle end, it actually should not matter if you go a day early or a day late.  The post paid accounts are calculated on a day to day basis.  Per the wireless code, they are not allowed to charge after the number port is complete.  So, if you go over a day, it is 1/30 of a month's cost.  The problem comes with them charging the full month and having to wait a couple of billing cycles for the credit back.  This is really why most people choose to leave a day or two early with the credit back being much smaller.  Anyway, we welcome you to the service in advance. 

Your old account needs to be active for a successful port. So allowing for a couple of days overlap gives you a bit of a safety margin to solve activation / porting problems in case they arise.

ninica

I called earlier and apperently they added something on my acc so number can be released with no problems (she said)

But still,... you are suggesting 3 days before billing cycle ends?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There really isn't a promo on the go right now.  All the prices shown are "current regular pricing".  So, there should be no risk in signing up later in the month. 

Having said that, a bit of overlap should be considered for number porting.  Bell is notorious for causing failed ports.  I would allocated the full 48 hours + 1 day contingency. 

ninica

But this plan is under promotions?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/promotions/60for5GB-4GLTE

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ninica

I'm not sure who you're directing your msg to but I'll do my best to answer.

The pricing available has been there for sometime and is not part of a special promotion.  No one can every say for certain how long this pricing will be around but I don't see any sign of it changing soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.