Ungamed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Checking my account it shows 5gb 40$ plan

When i check my data, it shows 2.5gb. Once i hit 2.5gb, the service stopped

What am i missing here?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@Ungamed 

It sounds like you had a heavy data usage day. You may want to consider bumping up to the $50/8.5gb plan but double check if you are on a promotion still from activation changing your plan may cause the loss of some promotional features.

If you havent already set your data tracker for your 30 day cycle, turn off all background data, enable your data saver and to be conscience of your data use put a low limit  on your tracker. When i was on the 5gb plan i had it set to stop at 2gb with a warning at 1.5gb. That way i was aware of my usage, reauired to reset once it stopped and if i had a waywad app gobbling data i could only do so much damage before getting shut down.

@Ungamed 

If it's all used up and you need more data, here are the available options:

1. Purchase a data add-on ($15 for 1 GB).
How to purchase add-ons: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

2. You can switch to the $50 8.5 GB plan.
See "changing your plan immediately": https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

3. Renew your plan now. Add $40 to your available funds and contact Moderators to renew your plan asap (this may take 1 to 2 days to get done).

4. Wait for your next plan renewal.

Ungamed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Checking the actual usage of my phone through settings, shows around 4.5gb this month

Not sure why public self serve was only showing 2550mb or such, now it does not show anything since it has been used up.

Thanks for the replies, problem solved

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ungamed 

Login your self-serve account. It will show on the bottom left how much data you have remaining on your plan.

Is it possible your phone settings has stopped mobile data?
If a max usage limit was set on your phone and it has been reached, your phone will stop using mobile data.

@Ungamed wrote:

Checking my account it shows 5gb 40$ plan

When i check my data, it shows 2.5gb. Once i hit 2.5gb, the service stopped

What am i missing here?

Thanks

By any chance did you sign up in the early part of last year? There was a time that Public Mobile greatly reduced the amount of data included in some plans. 

Need Help? Let's chat.