cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5b1 not equipped for incoming service

Taiano1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cant call a certain number. And only this number for some reason. I can text it. And I know others can call it. When I call I get a robot voice saying 5b1 you have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service

14 REPLIES 14

ads2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try turning off VoLTE services.

Sevcan

The issue might be with the recipient's network. Check for typos, restart your phone, verify the number format, and contact your carrier if the problem continues.

@Taiano1 

do you have a voip app like Textnow you could try that number. Textnow is a free app and uses wifi to make free calls and texts to most any US or Cdn number.  Give it a try and see if that goes through.

edited...

I see someone did that already.   😁

Taiano1

I've had the issue for a couple months. A coworker called last week. Yeah when I text I will get a response from the other side 

Can confirm it's not a 800. It's 1-888-Handy111  LOL. Kidding of course. It's a 250 number. 🙂

Taiano1

Thank you !

Taiano1

It's a local number

@Taiano1  and @Chalupa_Batman  also note if this happens to be 1-800 number not all will work with PM also 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the DM @Taiano1 

I tried the number you provided and I got the same issue. So click on the link below for the CS agent and advise them that you and your wife are unable to call it with your Public Mobile number. You can also advised them you asked one of the forum members to try. They tried from Manitoba on a Public Mobile line and got the same error. However I was able to get through on my Telus Mobility phone from Manitoba. I was also able to dial it from my TextNow VOIP app as well. It's a PM issue for sure.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Taiano1  Try rebooting the phone or reset network settings . See if that helps if not please submit ticket with support to investigate . Maybe refresh your account on there end 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Can you send me the number in a DM and I'll see if I'm able to call it on the PM network?

Also. do you block your number? 

Taiano1

It's a business number. And I can text it 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Taiano1  Is it possible this number has blocked you ? Or is it a business number 

Need Help? Let's chat.