cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB/$40 new Koodo offer for fall promo users

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A new Koodo offer for 5GB/$40 for the PM $120/12GB fall promo users. 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Most are saying in store only not online. So if you receive a call try and negotiate for 5GB.

Also people saying it's a medium tab.

267 REPLIES 267

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bilal684wrote:

So pissed they haven't offered this to all PM users. I have no doubt PM will eventually close, I don't see PM making it past 2018. I hope this offer was available to all PM users, I'd definitely switch.

Why do you think pm will close?  They are trying to get customers up the food chain as postpaid is more valuable to them vs prepaid.

If they were shuttering pm you can bet everyone would get some sort of offer.  Just like Rogers did for Mobilicity.

mimmo

@ulovebasswrote:

@mimmowrote:

@ulovebass  i guess it is official or you are great at using photoshop 🙂

lol  I don't even have a photoshop.

that is my account screenshot

@ulovebass sorry if my message may have come out the wrong way. I was being lighthearted/ joking  about the photoshop comment. That was why I put the smily face.

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So pissed they haven't offered this to all PM users. I have no doubt PM will eventually close, I don't see PM making it past 2018. I hope this offer was available to all PM users, I'd definitely switch.

Shutdown

Did you check to make sure the 5g plan is permanent? Rather then going back down to 4gb or something after like 3 months or price going up?

@ulovebasswrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@will13amwrote:

Well seeing how things are developing, it is safe to say the best may be yet to come.  It would wise to hang tight for a few days while this 5 gig thing gets clarified.  Medium tab eligibility plus 5 gigs could be the thing that gets people moving.  Dave said we won't be surprised anymore. 

@will13am

Wait one page ago you said  "definitely that offering a medium tab on a $40 plan isn't correct.  The minimum spend on a medium tab is $45.  There is nobody that can override this ... The medium tab is a pipe dream"

Your 1000 bravo's should be taken away. Just teasing you.

I had same question before. but  wwe can get medium tab with this plan.

when I activate account yesterday, koodo rep showed his screen and asked if I want any tab. There were medium tab option.

Thank you for confirming this detail.  This is invaluable information for those still trying to decide what to do.  Was there any 5 gig bonus that some are reporting as being available?

ulovebass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@torontokriswrote:

@will13amwrote:

Well seeing how things are developing, it is safe to say the best may be yet to come.  It would wise to hang tight for a few days while this 5 gig thing gets clarified.  Medium tab eligibility plus 5 gigs could be the thing that gets people moving.  Dave said we won't be surprised anymore. 

@will13am

Wait one page ago you said  "definitely that offering a medium tab on a $40 plan isn't correct.  The minimum spend on a medium tab is $45.  There is nobody that can override this ... The medium tab is a pipe dream"

I had same question before. but  wwe can get medium tab with this plan.

when I activate account yesterday, koodo rep showed his screen and asked if I want any tab. There were medium tab option.

ulovebass

@mimmowrote:

lol  I don't even have a photoshop.

that is my account screenshot

For me, it allows me to choose the 4GB promotional plan after adding a tab small device to the cart and entering the GOKOODO404GB code.  For the 5GB code, the plan does not show up in the the plan list.  So it looks like if you're happy with the 4GB plan, you can get it online and have a phone (appears to be mandatory for online orders) shipped to you.  This of course is dependent on you passing the credit check.  For online, you'll probably have to provide credit card, SIN or driver's license number, etc.  I'm not sure if you call them to finalize the credit check if it asks for that information online.   In comparison, Telus Mobility used to allow customers to activate postpaid plans completely from the website (although I don't believe that can be done any more).

@torontokriswrote:

@will13amwrote:

@will13am

Yes, I fell on my own sword and admitted to having foot in mouth disease on that one.  Admittedly, I am a real neophyte with Koodo plans.  Right after I saw the nitty gritty and how it points to Manitoba/Saskatchewan residents only, I went and checked the plan availability for the prairie provinces.  They get medium tab starting at $35.  So, if the migration plan is a modified prairie plan, then we will have access to medium tab.  The way the plan features were presented, I did not like seeing the March 15 deadline placed right next to medium tab.  This can be interpreted as the medium tab is time limited although it would not make sense.  Now the only thing to confirm is the 5 gig vs 4 gigs.  We will have to get some more details on how to secure the extra gig of data.

brainfreze
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@X-Fileswrote:

The in-store promo code is GOKOODO405GBBPO

$50 referrals end March 1st: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg

Tried that code to see what I was eligible for, but didn't see anything rewarding other than the migration credit on their currently offered plans.

torontokris

@will13amwrote:

@will13am

canucks4life

@X-Fileswrote:

$50 referrals end March 1st: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg

Wonder if any texts will be going out this round minus the first paragraph Cat LOL

PhoneSeeker

@X-Fileswrote:

You beat me too it! Lol

PhoneSeeker

Share the code with uninformed Koodo reps if they say they haven't heard of the deal.

X-Files

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@will13amwrote:

Hopefully the 5GB offer lasts until March 15. While one could switch before March 1st and get the $50 referral, $20-$25 of value get's negated anyways by switching 15 days early (if your PM plan expires after March 15).

Yeah, the extra $25 is a bit of a wash.  You might squeeze maybe $5 out of leaving by March 1.  I think the value of waiting it out a bit to see how things develop over the entire period is worth it even if there are no further developments. 

PhoneSeeker

@will13amwrote:

Hopefully the 5GB offer lasts until March 15. While one could switch before March 1st and get the $50 referral, $20-$25 of value get's negated anyways by switching 15 days early (if your PM plan expires after March 15).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

So with what they charge for extra data are they trying to tell us they have offered us another pllan with an extra $70 of value lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

canucks4life

@mimmowrote:

Hmm for the record my current 4GB plan page shows "gb" in caps 😛

large.jpg

@Vickelwrote:

Would really consider the move if this is the official offer 

I confirmed for myself the medium tab is true.  But it is hard to decipher whether that option has an expiry on March 15.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ulovebass, that could be a local add.  I don't see accompanying fine print that says this offer is for migrating Public Mobile customers.  Not that I don't want this to be true, but much more substantial evidence is needed.

mimmo

ulovebass

3EAA39B6-6076-49E7-A97B-64FB69AFD534.jpeg

Vickel

Would really consider the move if this is the official offer 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@torontokris, I can say definitely that offering a medium tab on a $40 plan isn't correct.  The minimum spend on a medium tab is $45.  There is nobody that can override this.  As for the 5 gigs, I called the Sheridan Mall Koodo and the lady that answered said yes, they are offering a one gig bonus.  I asked her how she can do that.  She said they were advised that this offer can be made.  So, I told her that if this is being handed down by corporate then I can go anywhere and get it, why should I drive across the GTA just to sign up with them.  Anyway, I tried to verify the 5 gig offer at a Koodo store tonight and got nowhere.  That is not to say the 5 gigs is not real, but just not verified.  The medium tab is a pipe dream. 

@ShawnC13, there is no regional pricing scheme here.  If it were the case, I can help you sign up from here.  BTW, the OP from RFD mentioned Abbotsford.  So you might have to do a short road trip and perhaps help me instead. 

EDIT:  I finally decided that I should do some further checking before I put my foot too deep into my mouth.  I put in the codes and this is what I got from the website.  So, it is the 5 gigs that is in doubt, but the medium tab is true.  The way the points are labeled, it seems like the medium tab is only available until March 15 and does not stay with the plan.  The nitty gritty has some interesting stuff about plan eligibility.  This looks like a Manitoba/Saskatchewan plan with area code requirements overwritten for Public Mobile migrants.

I tried shrinking everything to fit on one page, but no go.  So, it is on two screen cap images. 

Koodo Offer 1.png

Koodo Offer 2.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I have only heard of people from Ontario actually getting called.  Anyone from other provinces getting called by Koodo?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.