cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G plan 5 g not working

Deejay77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I bought 5 G plan for 65 dollars but there is no 5 g signal and I can't even raise ticket 

Kindly reimburse my plan and give me 4 g plan as u guys don't even have 5 g services but u r selling making us fools

34 REPLIES 34

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Deejay77 

if you know anybody on Telus or bell and 5g works for them in kenora then it confirms 5g at PM works there. check your community inbox as that's how they will contact you. 

this is a diy service provider, if you were expecting something that just works then you're at the wrong company

@Deejay77 

PM is an online service and we are all customers like you trying to help.

You can change your 5G plan yourself on the PM app but since you contacted a CS_Agent 4X, you just have to wait for a reply by private messaging back to you.

@Deejay77 wrote:

There is not a single coustmer in kenora that states that they have 5 g network

@Deejay77 

you brought up a good point.  So, you checked your friends with Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin/Lucky and none of them have 5G ?  If so, you could have found the reason. But open ticket with PM support and  ask them to escalate with Telus technician to confirm

Another thing, I keep asking you to run a speed test and report the finding.  With a 5G speed  plan, even you cannot connect to 5G, you should got a speed MUCH higher than the capped speed of 100Mbps of 4G speed plan.  So, please run a test and see what speed you are getting

@Deejay77  can you tell me one thing, what speed you got when using LTE?  download a speedteest app and test it

Deejay77

Man I have done everything mentioned iam using note 20 ultra done all the settings  even app for speed test shows no 5g network in kenora area .

It's just like I am feeling ripped off that they state that they have 5 g network in area but actually they don't have it .they just lie to sell premium plans.

And now there is no support from there end 

There is not a single coustmer in kenora that states that they have 5 g network

@Deejay77  did you open ticket with PM Support?  Please note his is just the Community and we are customers like you. We try to help, but it is also best to open ticket with support.  Please open by messaging PM support there:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

And, we still like to help and hope you can get it resolved without waiting for support

First what have you done on your device?
did you check your Preferred network? is 5G or Automatic selected?
what brand and model is your phone?
did you try in different area around town?
Did you try your PM sim card in another phone?

And can you try one thing, change your phone to LTE, run a speed test, can you report how fast the speed you got?

Deejay77

Man it's not about 4g or 5g it's about ripping off coustmers by telling lies if I would have known that there is no 5 g network I would have gotten 40 $ plan and I spent 72$ and not getting services I intend to pay

And there coustmers service is pethatic till now no repply

@Deejay77 

\to downgrade your plan.log in to your account > Subscriptions and Add-ons > Change Subscription...make your selection but be sure to Change Plan at next Renewal. Otherwise you'll change right away but pay right away.

@Deejay77 - we are not CS_Agents! 

Ways to reach CS_Agents = Customer Support Agents at Public Mobile:

1-click on that hyperlink in your post and click SEND A MESSAGE on the right side, this goes privately to customer support.

2-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], OR

3 -Use this link (same as #1)  Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Deejay77

@CS_Agent this is my 4th massage no repply I have paid 72 dollars and u guys don't even care about your coustmers 

I have done every thing on my end but as now iam sure that u guys don't have 5g network in kenora area but still u rip off coustmer by giving lies in your website with map stating 5g works in kenora

I just need to downgrade my plan

I am not able to raise ticket nor able to chat with representatives 

This is just rip off and no coustmer support

@Deejay77 

lol relax. the world isn't going to end because you don't have 5g and you would like to switch your plan. just wait for a response. if you haven't had one yet then you probably won't get one till tomorrow morning. the customer support here isn't an instant chat type of communication so one needs to be direct and include as much info as they can in each message sent. 

it's mainly bell towers in the kenora area. if you've just activated it probably has something to do with the device or the accounts network on pms side. you can try a network reset if that doesn't work ask customer support to reset the account on their end.

@Deejay77 wrote:

I bought 5 G plan for 65 dollars but there is no 5 g signal and I can't even raise ticket 

Kindly reimburse my plan and give me 4 g plan as u guys don't even have 5 g services but u r selling making us fools

The 5G plans aren't about network type but rather about hte 250Mbps maximum download speed.  The LTE network is fully capable of providing speeds in excess of 250Mbps.

Deejay77

As per there map they have 5g in kenora but in actual they doesn't kenora users are saying that 5 g dosent work here

I just wanted to talk to then to convert my plan to 4 g.  But no coustmer support u can't even raise ticket

bh83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all @will13am @Deejay77 @hTideGnow @BKNS27 @HALIMACS 

Yes I did lose my 5G today too.  I got it back just now by restarting my iPhone 

bh83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My 5G stopped working this afternoon too

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Deejay77 , you should only be buying the 5G speed plans if you need that much data.  All plans allow access to the 5G network.  I have an account on a 3G speed plan same generally remain connected to 5G network so the time.  The different speed plans are throttled based on their speed tiers, 3mbits/s for 3G speed plans, 100 mbits/s for 4G speed plans and 250 Mbit/s for 5G speed plans, subject to local network congestion.  

hi @Deejay77 speed upgrade is instant now after plan change. 

did yiu "Reset All Networks "  

mske sure your phone is updated with latest software

if you are on iPhone.  , did you select 5G auto?

@Deejay77 

Did you check if there is 5G in your area?Why buy 5G if there are no 5G infrastructure in your area.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage?&&&&ds_rl=1268486&gad=1&ds_rl=1268486&gclid=Cj0KCQjwy9-kBhCHA... 

Did you change the phone setting to Voice & Data to 5G?

I have the iPhone 14 Pro and I leave it on 4G/LTE but if you like to be outside all the time…you can use 5G.

@Deejay77 wrote:

No 5g working and unable to raise ticket

I paid 65 dollars instead if 39 for 4g 

Is it just scam as all users are saying u don't have 5 g networks @CS_Agent

Curious, @Deejay77 , who are all the users saying what you mention? 

What's funny is you probably thought you were communicating with the CS Agent in that 2nd post you started.

So ... who are all the users saying Public Mobile doesn't have 5G networks?

Spill the beans, please.  🙂

@Deejay77 - you started a 2nd post. Did you mean to tag onto this first one?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/5G-plan-5-g-not-working/td-p/1006891

@Deejay77 can you do a speed test?

even you are using LTE, with a 5G plan, you speed will be much higher than the capped 4G speed of 100Mbps.  So, download a speed test app and see what speed you are getting

And test your phone in different locations

BTW, what brand of phone you have??

@Deejay77 wrote:

I tried everything is any one sure that kenora has 5 g network

@Deejay77 Kenora shows 5G on this coverage map: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/coverage

How long ago did you change plans? Speeds can take up to 48 hours to change on your account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

dust2dust_0-1687739392533.png

Adding - Do you turn on cell data? 5G is only for data.

@Deejay77  yes I believe 5G coverage is kenora

Deejay77

I tried everything is any one sure that kenora has 5 g network

@Deejay77 - do you have a 5G compatible phone?

ADDING...FYI, you were sooooo close to raising a ticket, just click on that hyperlink you create for CS_Agent in your post then go to SEND A MESSAGE. Boom, BAM you started communications with an agent.

@Deejay77 what kind of phone you have?

which city and province you are at?

was 5G never work? Try click Reset All Networks once and see if it helps 

@Deejay77  Do you happen to be indoors or in a big building ? If you go outside does it switch to 5G  could be environmental issue 

@Deejay77   Make sure you have 5G enabled and not 4G /LTE also make sure you’re in 5G coverage area . But to get support you need engage them like this 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.